From Homestar Runner Wiki
Revision as of 21:53, 30 December 2010 by 126.96.36.199
MATT: I sing that "Can you handle my style no you can't handle my style" song a lot. I think maybe I sang it before it was a Strong Bad Email song even.modeling DVD commentary
MIKE: Probably. You tend to sing songs with lyrics that have "style" in them.
MATT: Styles upon styles, Mike.
The word "style" is frequently used in contexts where it doesn't quite belong and has thus become something of a running gag.
 Strong Bad Email
- caper — The Jumble puzzle in one of the Easter eggs has a "hilarious cartoon style drawing" on it.
- 2 emails — In an Easter egg, Old-Timey Strong Bad advertises "Uncle Strong Bad's Flavor Taste Style Chewing Powders".
- the bet — Strong Bad and The King of Town consume "ice style cream". Strong Bad puts a can of "army-style mayo" in the King Of Town's air vent.
- different town — Coach Z's "cool jacket" reads "Totally Style".
- other days — The letter from Bubs' Concession Stand says that if Strong Bad does not remit payment of three dollars and sixty-two cents, he will be turned over to a "cut off your toes"-style collections agency.
- old comics — Strong Bad sings "Let's get it over with! With the email style, get it over with!"
- pizzaz — Strong Bad visits Strong Bad on his "Buffalo Style Ranch" and provides "buffalo style journalism".
- animal — Strong Bad calls the girl in the "Deep-Sea Fangly Fish" scene "Baby Styles".
- modeling — Strong Bad's email song is "Can you handle my style, no you can't handle my style."
- radio — Strong Bad's email song goes "I've got miles and miles of the email style!"
- geddup noise — Strong Bad calls the Git Outcha Seat Sound "everybody's favorite style".
- narrator — Alien Marzipan confesses that she has always adored Nebulon's "styles".
- myths & legends — In an Easter egg, Bubs demands more money for a frozen treat that he says is "Shawshank style".
- disconnected — In an Easter egg, sbemail deodorant (Soccer Scent) appears with the slogan "I'm feeling my style... I've got confidence in my email!"
- senior prom — The email intro goes, "Can you see that I've got email styles?" After, Strong Bad, Strong Mad, and The Cheat plan to crash "the ever-loving style" out of the Entrapment All Up On the Moon Dance-themed prom.
- redesign — The menu bar on The Cheat's iMac has a menu labeled "Style".
- 4 branches — The title of the spread sheet is "A GREAT IDEA FOR PERSONAL STYLE".
- looking old — After watching The Cheat's email remix, Strong Bad states that he doesn't know whether to puke or have a seizure. A piece of paper is then shown, with silhouettes of Strong Bad throwing up and seizing, labeled "STYLE 1" and "STYLE 2".
- your funeral — One of the boomboxes used to play Strong Bad's eulogy is named "Twicestyle".
- pizza joint — The sides of the pizza boxes read "Pizza Box" / "Neighborhood Style".
- slumber party — The sides of the pizza boxes read "Pizza Box" / "Slumber Party Style".
- business trip — Strong Bad remarks "Well, cramp my style," after he and Homestar seal the deal with the King of Town.
 Other Appearances
- Homestar Presents: Presents — The credits read "Vocal styles by Missy & Matt"
- New Boots — According to Powered by The Cheat Strong Bad, nobody likes Nebulon's style.
- Decemberween in July — One of the links reads "Puppet Style".
- Scrolling Shooter Games Menu — Peasant's Quest is described as utilizing "text and graphic style!"
- Labor Dabor — Homestar Runner refers to Frank Bennedetto as "Third-style private Bennedetto", and asks him if he has eaten some bad "corn-style rations".
- Shopping for Danger — The grocery store that Blue Laser frequents is called "Price Style".
- 50K Racewalker — The racer's default name is "Steak Styles".
- Stinkomanual — Astromund is described as an "astro style mund".
- Stinkoman 20X6 Level 5 — After defeating Nebulon, 1-Up informs him that nobody likes his style.
- strongbad_email.exe Disc Four — If the user waits for a while on the opening menu, the Female Lappy 486 says "I'm of a style".
- Puppets on the Road — Shark-Tooth Bubs says that "tomorrow is a brand style" and that "[his] style's got eight burgers." When he is seen hitting the ATM screen, he says that "it's a style, gotta get the points".
- Sample of Style
- Sample of Style Too
- Thy Dungeonman 3 — When the troll gets pecked by the bird, he says "My style!"
- Summer Short Shorts — The description on the TV Time Toons Menu reads "Short styles for short clothing".
- Why Come Only One Girl? — Strong Bad gets slapped after mentioning his style.
- Blue Laserdisc Challenge — The player is prompted to "take control of Blue Laser Commander by mashing left or right on your laserdisc remote when you see this flashing style."
- Decemberween Short Shorts — A wanted poster shows that Coach Z is wanted "for creepy styles and creepier habits".
- An Important Rap Song — "Jet to the beach wearin' the freshest style!"
- One Two, One Two — The link at the end of the cartoon to go to the MixMastah 800 says "MIX YOUR OWN STYLE".
- Teen Girl Squad Issue 13 — What's Her Face yells, "OW! MY STYLE! (or lack thereof)".
- In the same episode, Peacey P's rap contains the line "crample-o stow," which is also the name of the record company. The phrase "crample-o stow" evokes the phrase "crampin' my style".
- Ever and More! — The page title says "B.O.D.H. Local 1-1-Style".
- Jibblies 2 — After Homestar walks into the painting, he says, "Whoa, nice style!"
- The Cheat's computer also has "Style" as one of its menu headings.
- Where's The Cheat? (game) — Upon locating the hidden room where Homsar is located, a message appears saying, "You Found: A Secret Style!"
- Marzipan's Answering Machine Version 15.2 — In his message, Homestar describes the hot blonde that just walked by as having 'broomstick style'
- SBCG4AP Advertisement — Strong Bad invites viewers to witness his "amazing videogame styles."
- SBCG4AP Gameplay Trailer — Strong Bad describes an "internet-style connection."
- SBCG4AP Dev Blog —
- In his entry for May 21, 2008, Strong Bad refers to Telltale Games' decision to ignore his concept art as "total and complete bullstyle!"
- In his entry for November 4, 2008, Strong Bad says to "click on a seven inch below to style yourself out!"
- Homestar Ruiner— Strong Bad sings a song telling that no one can handle his style and in a flashback of Marzipan's last party, he says that all will kneel before his style.
- Strong Badia the Free — In the beginning of the game, after Strong Bad is put under house arrest, he claims it's "the worst thing to happen to [his] style in a long line of bad things happening to [his] style. Normal-speaking Homsar asks why his people should risk open war for Strong Bad and his considerable style when asked to join Strong Badia.
- 8-bit Is Enough— When Strong Bad first defeats Trogdor he says "Your style! I couldn't handle it!!" in reference to the opening song from Homestar Ruiner.
- Punkin Show— The page description reads "All Aboard the Style Train!" In addition, the pumpkin of the 2006 Coach Z logo receives a score of "3rd Style" on the Ding-Board.
- Which Ween Costumes?— In an easter egg, Homestar Runner mentions his "low budget style".
- Poker Night at the Inventory— One of Strong Bad's lines is "It's okay to be jealous of my style"