From Homestar Runner Wiki
 What the?
Why does Pom Pom have Brian's number? What DOES this say about Pom Pom? -Ookelaylay 21:36, 17 Jun 2005 (UTC)
- Perhaps the guy who wrote it was only pretending to be gay, and just copied what he or she figured would be a typical girl's e-mail. Or maybe the guy thinks Pom Pom is gay too. Who knows?
- It says that Pom Pom can have a gay friend? Haveing a gay friend doesn't make you gay, it's not contageous.
 Closed Fun Facts
These fun facts were on STUFF and closed. If you wish to debate these, please leave a note, but don't allow your votes to be confused with the original ones.
 "Tough Guys"? (Declined)
This is the only reference to homosexuality in the entire site, and thankfully Strong Bad handled it more maturely than most "tough guys" would have.
- Revise: This is an interesting fact, but I think that the part in bold is a bit unecessary. After all, this is a knowledge base, not a place for rants. If you wanted to put something like this, I suggest doing it in the forum. Besides, this is easily infered from reading the transcript. I think that the part in bold needs to be deleted, and the rest added back into the Fun Facts. --Clever Ben
- Comment. I assume this is an Accept. Please sign your vote! -- tomstiff 05 Apr 2005
- Comment. This is hardly a rant. I don't think the statement loses anything by removing the "offending" clause, however. I would change "this is the only reference" to "this is one of the few references". -- tomstiff 05 Apr 2005
- Comment. But this is the only reference to homosexuality on the site. --Gafaddict 12:50, 5 Apr 2005 (MDT)
- Comment. It's currently the only reference on the site. For all we know, the entire cast will be outed tomorrow and it will become the first reference among many. The guidelines for this section says that facts that become easily dated are bad facts. -- tomstiff 05 Apr 2005
- Comment. In fact, I just convinced myself that it should say "This is the first reference" -- tomstiff 05 Apr 2005
- Comment:I'm just saying that it seems like a rant to me, and it's rather unecessary (The part in bold, that is). --Clever Ben
- Comment. A rant against who? Tough Guys? The comment says that SB handles the situation "maturely". -- tomstiff 05 Apr 2005
Accept. I think it's fine the way it is.Decline. Changed my mind, the point that it's the only reference to homosexuality on H*R is debatable and may possibly change, so the fact doesn't have much of a point to it. Aurora the Homestar Coder 13:10, 5 Apr 2005 (MDT)
- Decline. The ONLY reference? What about in the new Homestar Talker? "Pom-Pom and Strong Bad Are Totally Going Out!" We know Strong Bad is a guy, and Pom-Pom is called "he" many times throughout the site. Fizz123
- Response Maybe "going out" just means they're going someplace together, like to a movie or something. It's possible for guys to do stuff together without it being "gay." Rudeboy87 20:03, 5 Apr 2005 (MDT)
- Decline. Wow... so many comments, but very few people willing to actually vote. This item is trying to point out something that is intended as a joke, and as such, it shouldn't need to be explained or have undue attention drawn to it. --TheEggman 20:06, 5 Apr 2005 (MDT)
- Second --Trogga 20:08, 8 Apr 2005 (MDT)
- Comment Heh-heh. Sorry about that remark. Fizz123
- Accept with Revisions This is a time in history where many homosexuals are being recongnised. Though this, admittedly, isn't the ONLY reference, we should still note it was handled maturely. -Walking Armless
- Decline If he had handled it any other way than maturely, TBC would have been called homophobes. Doesn't matter though, I can't think of a reason why it would be important to point out a gay reference just as I can't see why it would be important to point out all the swears that have been used. Donny vs Universe
- Revise. A notable fact. While not in any way offensive, the second half of the sentence is unnecessary. Revise to say "This is the first reference to homosexuality in the H*R universe." Let Strong Bad's maturity speak for itself. -- tomstiff 08 Apr 2005
- Decline Not really. But the part about it being the only reference to homosexuality might be OK.TakuaKaita600 15:39, 12 Apr 2005 (MDT)
- Revise and Accept-erson As a queer myself, I feel that the last section is totally acceptable. As a tough guy, Strong Bad would have been expected to respond with aggression, rudness, etc... as other "tough guys" I know have. However, he acted out of what was expected of him, and I think that makes it interesting and acceptable. Just change "only" to "first" and you're good to go.---erson 12:55, 14 Apr 2005 (UTC)
- Very Second. P.S. I'm so proud of SB for handling it maturely!!! -Miss Free Country USA
- Decline. If, for some reason, an handicapped character was introduced in a cartoon(perhaps a character without arms?), would it be a fun fact to say, "this is the first time a handicapped character has appeared"? As Bob Marley says, "until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes..."--rsl12 17:17, 14 Apr 2005 (UTC)
- Severe Decline (a) It's not the only reference to homosexuality on the site, as noted above. (b) Saying that Strong Bad handled it "maturely" is an opinion... people in general do sometimes tend to be offended when their names are contorted into names of the opposite gender. (c) Fun Facts should be objective; it's not a place to judge the characters' morality, so the word "thankfully" has no place here... though I do agree with your moral evaluation in this case. - Dingell
- Comment. This has gotten pretty complex. Here's the current vote tally as I see it ...
- This is the only ref ... 2 votes
- This is the first reference and it was handled in a mature manner ... 3 votes
- This is the first ref ... 3 votes
- Decline ... 7 votes. I'm assuming this means reject the fact outright.
- --tomstiff 19:49, 19 Apr 2005 (UTC)
I'm not sure whether or not to add this as a fun fact. It's possible that the writer of this email may have been pronounced Brianne or simply misspelled. --(if you can't read it, it says Darklinkskywalker)—↑Darklinkskywalker|Talk_|i did this stuff_↓ 02:51, 16 Jul 2005 (UTC)
What do you think?
- Uh, please don't add that as a fact. It's speculation, and extremely unlikely that somebody didn't know hot to spell their own name or that "Brian" is pronounced "Brianne"... Homestar Coder 04:37, 16 Jul 2005 (UTC)
 First weekly feature email
In the halloweener DVD comments, TBC note that that one was the last email prior to "doing them weekly". So that makes this one the first email considered a weekly feature. Just because they go on vacation does not stop it from being a weekly feature. Just explaining the Fun Fact I added, as some were confused. - Qermaq - (T/C) 20:31, 22 February 2006 (UTC)
- No problem, I read the halloweener comment. I just touched it up a bit and added that it was "relatively" weekly. ♥ teeeffoh! 20:32, 22 February 2006 (UTC)
Come on, you guys, it was just another prank e-mail from somebody in a silly mood. TBC wouldn't have put it on the site if they thought it was a serious ref.--Admiral Zacharias
 Fun facts
One of the fun facts says that the delay between this and Halloweener was the longest, with 71 days apart. However it has been 129 days since email thunder has been released.Should i change it or not?