Talk:Teen Girl Squad Issue 7
From Homestar Runner Wiki
The timing on this episode was off some.
I did not feel that the killings were quite so fast and/or random as in past episodes. -James
you have to admit, it's pretty fresh. and tompkin's "death" (whether he comes back or not, you can't tell with tgs) was hilarious. - evil tom nook
I thought the part where cheerleader was squished was hilarious. -Kevin "Shut it off!
*At the end Cheerleader's shirt says Coolier than Thou, which is a reference to Metallica's Holier than Thou.
Metallica did not invent the phrase "Holier than thou", so how is this a specific ref to Metallica? - Drhaggis 13:43, 19 Sep 2004 (MST)
- It must not be a reference then. I removed it. -- Tom 13:55, 19 Sep 2004 (MST)
 I had a question...
When the guy on the slide killed Cheerleader, why did SB sound like he was eating something and then mumbled "squished" like his mouth was full?
How does Strong Bad type with boxing gloves on? There are a lot of random things on Homestar Runner, and this is one of them. -- FireBird
Maybe he was eating.--Hysterical Woman 18:53, 4 Oct 2004 (MST)
Okay then... It's one of those odd things he does that makes it funnier, I guess... --favetvshows1x3 18:54, 4 Oct 2004 (MST)
I thought that he was making those sounds because he couldn't think of what to say. --22.214.171.124 13:30, 13 Oct 2004 (MST)
I think it's the sound effect of the big fat guy coming down the slide. --Upsilon
I think it has to do with SB trying to clear his throat after doing the high-pitched teeny tiny girl voices.
It's the sound of fat. Totally. The blubber effect adds to the grossness of the wrestler. - Trelawney 02:24, 21 Aug 2005 (UTC)
- Woah.. The Sound of Fat.. This could be the new Broadway musical hit! I'll make hundreds! — Elcool (talk)(contribs) 03:38, 21 Aug 2005 (UTC)
Wow, that's pretty good. We should cut a solo album! I could be your manager! I'll make millions! Robert Benedicio
You'll do no such thing! It is I who shall come out the thousandaire!
 Mrs Commanderson
What are the lyrics to that song, anyway? I can't make 'em out.
Mrs Commanderson, she's some kind of bird reptile, and she....?
- The Easter Egg has now been transcribed. Have a nice day. --Upsilon
Actually, another thing I noticed is that the blocks next to the girls say "SD" which is an anime reference meaning "super deformed". It's used to describe when the normal characters go into tiny versions of themselves for comic relief. Coincidence?
- I Originally thought it was "Mrs. Commanderson! She's some kind of bird-reptile! And she teaches three grades!" It's actually "pre-K". Retromaniac 21:29, 25 February 2007 (UTC)
Another thingie; who does the "EERRAAK!!" voice for Mrs. Commanderson? It doesn't sound like Mike, Matt, or Missy... - Pants 3000 11:57 7 April 2007 (UTC)
 What's Her Face
It said in the article that Cheerleader was the only one to die and return in the same episode. But didn't What's Her Face die when Mrs. Commander..son dropped her? Can someone change this? I'm scared that it might somehow be wrong and then I'll be trolling.-Alice
Well, when I looked up What's Her Face in the "Hurt by" list, being dropped by Mrs. Commanderson was on it.- Alice
- You never see her die. For all you know she could've landed on a trampoline or something, or Mrs. Commanderson couldve just picked her up before she landed. Since you can't tell what happened, I say just leave it alone. — talk Bubsty edits
 Hand Jive?
Erm I don't think that they were doing the hand jive (at least not the one that is commonly used in Greece), so I changed it to "Pattycake", but I dunno if this is right either. Can I get an expert's opinion? --Tony Stony 02:25, 11 May 2005 (UTC)
I would assume it is pattycake. And I guess you meant "Grease", nor Greece. Hand jive, baby! --LockEmUpRealTightInDaHmmhm
It seems more similar to hand-clap games that kids play (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clapping_game). It especially resembles "Miss Lucy," which also "cuts off" a bad word by making the end of the bad word the start of a new, safe word. In the original "Miss Lucy," the lyrics are "Miss Lucy went to Heaven, the steamboat went to Hell-o operator..." Here, the girls do the same thing with "Tompkins in his under-where are you going..." But (a) I'm no expert and (b) I have no idea how to note this in the text. Is it an Explanation or a Real-World Reference? Sneed8720
- I completely agree with this, Miss Lucy was the first thing that came to my mind too.
 southpark refrence?
just a quick question, could cheerleader dipping her chocolate in salt be a refrence to chef's Chocolate Salty Balls?
- I don't watch South Park, but I can answer your question easily. Do you need to ask whether or not it's a reference? Then it's probably not. Sorry if that's a little blunt, but that's the general consensus around here. --Jay (Talk) 02:58, 8 May 2005 (UTC)
I don't think it's a reference. I think Strong Bad wanted it to be gross and funny.-Jhonka
 Closed STUFF
 SD - Strong Dad? Could be
Posted on: 04:46, 3 Sep 2005 (UTC)
VERDICT: This item was unanimously declined, 10–0. The votes and arguments have been moved to HRWiki:STUFF/Archive/Teen Girl Squad Issue 7.
mrs.comanderson's line is a reference to iraq,the country the USA is fighting against-stretchyman
- No offence, but thats one of the most obscure referances I've ever heard. It was a typical bird sound. — talk Bubsty edits 21:57, 17 December 2005 (UTC)
Maybe it's just me, but Cheerleader's showing off to the others and calling them 'kiddos' seems similar to Angelica's attitude in Rugrats. AK47x2 20:27, 13 December 2006 (UTC)
- While I doubt the intentionality of the Rugrats connections, (Angelica didn't have freckles, for one thing) I think it might be interesting to note that in addition, The Ugly One has big hair, buck teeth, and glasses like Chuckie, What's Her Face has one tooth and practically no hair like Tommy, and (in the biggest stretch of the four), So and So has a bow like Lil. BBG 21:32, 23 February 2010 (UTC)
Should this be moved to Teeny Tiny Girl Squad, as it is given a different name in this episode? Retromaniac 05:25, 18 February 2007 (UTC)
 NOT Cheerleader???
It seems to me like Cheerleader's the only one that bears NO resemblance to her teenage counterpart. Does anyone else see this as odd? That Game Dude 386 02:01, 4 October 2008 (UTC)