From Homestar Runner Wiki
When a small stub article is created and is debatable as to whether it should stay a separate article (i.e. not be merged or deleted), please refer to these guidelines. We ask that you read all of them and note that they are not absolute. All articles must be considered on a case-by-case basis, so these guidelines are only here to provide reference.
The guidelines are as follows:
- Page content relating to a possible running gag: Needs at least three to four appearances in Homestar Runner toons or emails and must be significant in some way to the Homestar Runner world in contrast to the real world. Ex: DELETED
- Page content relating to a very generic item or event: Needs at least five to ten appearances and must be of at least moderate importance to the toon (i.e. not just in the background and never mentioned) in half of its appearances. Special weight would be given to pages that document uses that are unique to the Homestar Runner universe in at least some of the appearances. Ex: Explosions
- Page content relating to a H*R-specific item or location: Needs only one appearance in Homestar Runner toons, as long as it played an important role in the plot (see above). Any item that is part of a character's outfit or is closely related to that character (Coach Z's Z, The Poopsmith's Shovel) does not merit a page and should be merged into that character's biography page, unless it has played major roles in toons or gags. Ex: BMW Lighter
- Page content relating to a character: Needs only one appearance in Homestar Runner toons, as long as it is not a minor variation of one of the already established characters, a character in a costume, or a different personality of that character. Also, it must have a moderate role in the toon and/or a spoken line. Movie and theatric character play characters are an exception. Ex: The Yello Dello
- Other pages: Any repeating, dominant part of the Homestar Runner toons that could not be fitted into the toon's page as a fun fact (Ex: The Periodic Table of Candy Elements), part of the transcript (Ex: Experimental Film Visuals) or Easter egg (Ex: Strumstar Hammer) are allowed. This is rare, however.
- Inclusion into existing article: Generally, if all information known about the subject of the article could easily be included in a few lines on any other related page or page section on the wiki, it isn’t worthy of its own page. Also, a page should not exist if it doesn’t offer a unique opportunity to expand on its topic in ways that aren't possible in other pages. A good article will include substantial information beyond a general description of an item and where it appears. Ex: Carol
- Page consisting of inappropriate content: Spam, trolling, vandalism, and non-Homestar Runner related material will not be tolerated and will be deleted on sight.