Talk:Tastes Like Chicken Interview
From Homestar Runner Wiki
Uh... I'm clearly seeing the following at the bottom of this interview:
All content on tlchicken.com is ©2005 by tastes like chicken, LLC. No part of this website may be reprinted or re-transmitted in whole or in part without the written consent of the publisher.
Please take note of the "No part of this website may be reprinted or re-transmitted in whole or in part without the written consent of the publisher" part. I'm hoping whoever put this here got permission first and just forgot to post on the discussion page about it. -- Tom 23:35, 30 Apr 2005 (UTC)
- Oops, that's my bad. I didn't even notice that. I've deleted it and saved it on my computer, so we can easily put it back up if we get permission. Sorry about that. RAINERtalk 02:39, 1 May 2005 (UTC)
 Censor It!
I think this is the best example of the reason to 'censor the interview' if we ever get permission to put it up here. I mean, even 'I' was starting to get scar'd by it... What about our younger viewers? Does nobody think of the children?!?!?! ⇔Thunderbird⇔ 08:45, 1 May 2005 (UTC)
- I don't think anybody does. --Gafaddict 14:33, 1 May 2005 (UTC)
- I'm still not in support of censoring this. Maybe we could have a profanity warning at the top or something, but I'm not interested in getting into discussions about what should be censored and what shouldn't, which words are bad and which ones are okay and so on. I would much rather have an accurate Wiki than a "clean" one. — InterruptorJones 14:37, 12 May 2005 (UTC)
- I agree with InterruptorJones. I'd rather be accurate. Just put a profanity warning at the top of the transcripts. None of this two-articles-and-one-is-censored business. -- Tom 16:00, 12 May 2005 (UTC)
 Permission To Reprint
Hello, I am an administrator at a local website. I am emailing you in connection with the interview "insane wayne chinsang" conducted with the Creators of Homestarrunner.com back in Late October, 2003. I was wondering if whomever has the power would allow me to reprint the interview on our website, a collective knowledge base about homestar runner. Namely here: http://www.hrwiki.org/index.php/Tastes_Like_Chicken_Interview Of course the creator would be given complete credit, along with a link to the original interview. Please let us know whether we can use this or not. Thank you, -Thunderbird
Hey Thunderbird, Thanks for the email. Unfortunately, that interview is extremely important to us for two reasons. First, it's one of our most-read articles in our site. To have it appear somewhere else would take traffic away from us. And second, the interview is also in our first print issue, which we still have copies of and sell regularly. So I'm sure you can understand that to put it out there even somewhere else beyond our own site would lessen our chances of selling the print mags. However, I'm willing to make you an offer. You can reprint the first part of the interview on your site, up to the part that is included below. After that, you could just put "Click here to read the rest of the interview", which would then be a link to the interview on our site: http://www.tlchicken.com/view_story.php?ARTid=1374 So, I'm sure it's not exactly what you had hoped, but hopefully we can meet somewhere in between. Let me know what you think either way. Best, Wayne, TLC
The Excerpt then ended at the portion of the interview indicated on the main article.
Thank you very much for your offer, and we graciously accept. Although it's not the whole article, it's still enough to give our page a bit of 'substance'. You can view the article here: http://www.hrwiki.org/index.php/Tastes_Like_Chicken_Interview Thanks again, -Thunderbird
looks great. thanks for passing me along the link. best, wayne, TLC
- Hey, so it's not the world, but it's something. Good work, Thundaman! — InterruptorJones 05:50, 12 May 2005 (UTC)