From Homestar Runner Wiki
|Game Category: Old Game|| |
In this game, you can click on words to make Homestar Runner say them.
Date: October 29, 2000, or earlier
Page Title: Homestar Talker
Make Homestar say Hilarious stuff! Make him say a certain 7-word phrase and you'll get a surprise! A star will appear for each word you get correct. This is gonna be awesome!
| || |
 Easter Eggs
- If you make Homestar say, "Pom-Pom and Strong Bad are totally going out," the hidden Strong Bad Talker becomes accessible.
 Fun Facts
- Homestar has his modern design in this game, since The Brothers Chaps modified his face to look like he does today, but he still has his original voice.
- The original phrase to unlock the Strong Bad Talker was "Making out with Marzipan is totally awesome," a phrase that is still referenced on various parts of the site (such as The Cheat Theme Song video and virus).
- The source code of this page revealed two secret pages.
- Homestar pronounces his "R" correctly when clicking "are" and "marzipan", as opposed to his usual speech impediment.
- Although "Strong Bad" is two words, and is written with a space between them in the game, it still counts as one word towards the 7-word phrase.
- If you click and hold the words, Homestar doesn't move his lips. This also lets you make phrases without losing stars. When you let go, he will move his lips, unless the cursor is not hovering over the word.
- Hitting fast-forward while right-clicking also accesses the Strong Bad Talker.
 Fast Forward
- Homestar says "marshmallows" in No Hands On Deck! the same way he does in this game.
- Homestar also says "alright" the same way on Main Page 22 when you scroll over the store button.
- The Homestar Talker was revisited in April Fools' 2014, when Homestar "decided to add a few words to it". (The words were not added to the actual game.)