The Brothers Chaps
From Homestar Runner Wiki
The Brothers Chaps (real-life siblings Mike and Matt Chapman) are the principal creators of the Homestar Runner body of work, as well as other projects. The brothers are Hoosiers who create the cartoons using Flash out of their home in Decatur, Georgia, just east of Atlanta. They are sometimes referred to by the abbreviation TBC.
In 1996, during the Olympics in Atlanta, Mike Chapman and his friend Craig Zobel created a children's book called "The Homestar Runner Enters the Strongest Man in the World Contest". They did this out of boredom and to satirize the poorly made children's books they saw at their local mall. After writing and drawing it, they copied about 15 books and gave them to some of their friends to read for fun.
In 1999, Mike started learning Macromedia Flash and decided to practice on some of the characters from the original book. His younger brother, Matt Chapman, performed the voices for the cartoons, and together, they launched a website to show their close friends their cartoons.
Word-of-mouth spread, and their website and characters became a smash hit. Since the website started, they have had several public appearances all over the country, including three appearances on G4TechTV — twice on the canceled show "Pulse", and once over webcam (with Puppet Homestar Runner) on "The Screen Savers". See Pulse Interview - 1 Aug 2003 and The Screen Savers Interview - 24 Jan 2005.
 Appearances in toons
- Two members of the live-action cast of Limozeen are depicted by the brothers.
- Both brothers appear (and speak) as themselves in the short Sbemailiarized!, in a brief live-action clip.
- Mike Chapman appears in the fake advertisements from sbemail206.
- The brothers appear in the sloshy music video from Record Store Day.
The Brothers Chaps' parents are Don and Harriet Chapman. Don, who passed away on April 15th, 2006, was a retired chief financial officer of an insurance firm. Mike and Matt also have three other siblings: Donnie, Karen, and Julie.
Mike is married to Melissa Palmer, and their first child is Very, Very Little Girl. Matt is married to Jackie Chapman, with whom he has two children. The birth of Matt and Jackie's first child made it to the Main Page Messages.
 See Also
 External Links
- Archive of BrothersChaps.com
- The Brothers Chaps at Wikipedia
- Mike Chapman's IMDb page
- Matt Chapman's IMDb page
- Pictures on Flickr of their appearance at SXSW interactive 2005 in Austin, Texas
- The Football Game — A collection of edited photographs from a football game where The Brothers Chaps use their "superhuman abilities" against Emotion Eric and his pal Jesse. Some of the pictures have "hidden" Homestar Runner characters.
- The Interview — Another collection of photographs featuring The Brothers Chaps and Eric. In the story, Eric has a job interview at Videlectrix.
- The Mellow Mushroom (article) website designed by The Brothers Chaps for a Georgia-based pizza restaurant.