From Homestar Runner Wiki

Jump to: navigation, search


I noticed this come up. First thoght was that Strong Bad's vague Mexican heritage makes Aztec references a natural for him. Isn't he the only character to have made such references? If so, it might do to just put this in his Character page. Qermaq - (T/C) Image:Qermaqsigpic.png 23:55, 3 March 2006 (UTC)

And I just noticed this after moving it. I dunno, they may make more. Bluebry 17:31, 4 March 2006 (UTC)
Mexican heritage and Aztec heritage are completely different. Also. just because Strong Bad wears a mexican wrestler costume does not man he is mexican. We don't have enough evidence to support either idea. — Seriously (Talk) 23:54, 4 March 2006 (UTC)
like 90% of the population of Mexico is mixed native (Aztec or Mayan) and Spanish. And the other 10% are pure native. The word Mexico itself is from the Aztec word for their own people and land: Mexicatl. Mexico = Aztec. -- 11:58, 19 June 2006 (UTC)
He also used to have a pseudo-Mexican accent... --DorianGray
Well yes, but can we get off the mexican thing? We have no proof that he is actually mexican. That's besides the point, however, as mexico is not related in any way to the Aztecs. — Seriously (Talk) 00:16, 5 March 2006 (UTC)
Seriously, you do know the Aztecs were Mexican, right? They lived in Mexico and share many cultural and social aspects of their heritage with the people you refer to as Mexicans. -- Tom 00:24, 5 March 2006 (UTC)
Oh. I'll leave this to the experts then. — Seriously (Talk) 00:29, 5 March 2006 (UTC)
Even so, though: This is a fairly vague reference. I say we STUFF it. — Seriously (Talk) 00:31, 5 March 2006 (UTC)
I don't see a fun facts heading anywhere on the page; therefore, it doesn't qualify for STUFF. Talk about it there. — It's dot com 00:35, 5 March 2006 (UTC)
I'm wondering whether Strong Bad's accent/wrestling stuff is worth a reference here. It doesn't have to be a toon for stuff facts, does it? Anyway, that's the stuff question I was wondering about. — Seriously (Talk) 00:38, 5 March 2006 (UTC)
It doesn't have to be a toon, but it does have to be a fun fact. More to the point, Strong Bad's vague Mexican "heritage" really doesn't have anything to do with the Aztecs. — It's dot com 00:41, 5 March 2006 (UTC)
Man...I really missed the whole subject of this thing, didn't I? — Seriously (Talk) 00:44, 5 March 2006 (UTC)

EDIT CONFLICT x2: I think that connecting the Aztec references to Strong Bad's pseudo-Mexican heritage is too big of a stretch. It's probably just a stupid coincidence. Of course, then it might not be, but I'm just saying how I sees it. Has Matt? (talk) 00:45, 5 March 2006 (UTC)

It could be mentioned, just not presented as a factual reference. Thunderbird 00:48, 5 March 2006 (UTC)

[edit] Shouldn't this be "The Aztecs"?

Shouldn't this article be called "The Aztecs"? "The Aztecs were an ancient race..." etc. I haven't heard of the race itself referred to as "The Aztec" - I would think that'd just refer to a single member of that race instead. — Image:kskunk_fstandby.gif KieferSkunk (talk) — 03:39, 17 April 2006 (UTC)

No, I think it's Aztec plural. Bluebry 03:40, 17 April 2006 (UTC)
The Wikipedia article is named "Aztec", but refers to "The Aztecs". How about that? — Image:kskunk_fstandby.gif KieferSkunk (talk) — 03:41, 17 April 2006 (UTC)
Also, I did a Google Search for other articles on this race, and every one of them refers to the group of people itself as "The Aztecs". — Image:kskunk_fstandby.gif KieferSkunk (talk) — 03:43, 17 April 2006 (UTC)
Okay. You are probably right. However, a Google fight says otherwise. Bluebry 03:45, 17 April 2006 (UTC)
We would not name an article "The American", so why "The Aztec"? Sugg move to "The Aztecs". Qermaq - (T/C) Image:Qermaqsigpic.png 03:46, 17 April 2006 (UTC)
Neutral. Wikipedia vs. Google fight. I just dunno. Google Fight seems less ligitimate, but Wikipedia can be wrong, with millions of editors. Bluebry 03:49, 17 April 2006 (UTC)
One more note: I asked my wife, who is a history major, and she agrees that it should be "The Aztecs". The singular word refers to a single member of the race, or when used as an adjective (the Aztec Civilization, the Aztec ruins, the Aztec language, etc.) And that's how I'd remembered it in school as well. — Image:kskunk_fstandby.gif KieferSkunk (talk) — 14:46, 17 April 2006 (UTC)

[edit] Eh, Steve!

Does Eh, Steve look like an Aztec glyph of some sort to any of you? That was my first thought when crazy cartoon came out, and has been in my head ever since. — Bassbone (TALK Strong Mad Has a Posse CONT) 02:25, 6 May 2006 (UTC)

You Know What?He Does....Wonder If He Is An Aztec Too?

Personal tools