From Homestar Runner Wiki
 Section linking
- This is something that has been the source of my worst frustrations regarding the move to MediaWiki. Help in this matter would be immensely appreciated! ~Hobo
 Select The Usable Fun Facts
What a clever and useful tool you have created! And your newly-developed acronym "STUFF" was a nice choice as well! I think you're doing a good thing here, as noted directly by your recent "policing" of the addition of obvious fun facts in virus - an increasing "annoyance" by new users of wiki (with the IP addresses and "no name brand" edits!) ...Heh. I think you're taking a great step toward creating a coherent list of fun facts - that are just what a veteran wiki user such as yourself would want them to be - fun AND factual. Keep up the great work, buddy. --Teh P. 01:43, 21 Nov 2004 (MST)
- I can't really take credit for the acronym -- that was Tom's idea, after we spent a few minutes trying to decide on a name for it. I asked if we should pick a playful name or a boring and adminstrative name. So we hit on the idea of a boring name with a playful acronym. We decided on this one when Tom noted we could go "STUFF'D!" whenever something had to be moved. :P - furrykef (Talk at me) 02:01, 21 Nov 2004 (MST)
I'm sorry if I did troll. Please forgive me.
 Fun Fact Compromise
I have given much thought to the progress being made with STUFF. I am very glad someone has spearheaded an attempt to control the "fun fact" problem, but I still think that the voting and discussion for disputed Fun Facts should be made on the article's talk page and not on the STUFF page.
If a controversial article like Wikipedia:History of Israel can exist on the Wikipedia by using the Talk page and without resorting to a common page voting system, I think the Homestar Wiki article virus can too.
Now that we have people's attention with the STUFF page I suggest that we move content discussion back to the Talk pages where they belong.
I have created a preliminary template:disputed
This could be used to let contributors know that there is a dispute, and to direct them to the talk page. The Disputed Fun Facts link should go to a page with the info that you wrote on what is and is-not a good fun fact.
People were not using the talk pages effectively in the past, which is a failure of us the users, not of the talk pages.
Please don’t take my dispute with "Stuff" as something personal. We both want the same thing, to make a fantastic Homestar reference site.
-[[User:Drhaggis|Dr Haggis]] 16:32, 26 Nov 2004 (MST)
- I don't take it personally, so no worries. But I think we should try out the STUFF page idea longer. I still don't really see anything wrong with it, and a single STUFF page will be easier to manage than a bunch of Talk pages. Yes, Wikipedia can afford to have everything spread thin on Talk pages, but they also have many more people watching what's going on in controversial articles. - furrykef (Talk at me) 04:06, 27 Nov 2004 (MST)
- You seem to be missing out on the festivities, so let me be the first to say "congratulations" to you! --Jay 01:42, 26 Apr 2005 (UTC)
- Yeah, it's gret that you've come back. Like, half of the people here are thingking: "Yyyyyeeeeesssss". — Seriously (Talk) 23:20, 12 March 2006 (UTC)