Marzipan and Coach Z's Relationship
From Homestar Runner Wiki
Coach Z and Marzipan have a love-hate relationship, with most of the love lying on Coach Z's side and most of the hate lying on Marzipan's. On several occasions, Coach Z has shown to be in love with, or at least attracted to, Marzipan, although whether this is due to actual feelings of love, or the fact that Marzipan is the only girl available, is uncertain. Marzipan has made it quite clear that she is not particularly fond of Coach Z, and is often annoyed or downright repulsed by him. Despite these differing feelings between them, the two have been able to get along fairly well on a few occasions.
 Coach Z's attraction to Marzipan
- Marzipan's Answering Machine Version 3.0 — Coach Z asks Marzipan if she would like to go out and get donuts with him.
- The Best Decemberween Ever — Coach Z gives Marzipan a calendar for Decemberween.
- Marzipan's Answering Machine Version 5.0 — A drunk Coach Z calls Marzipan very early in the morning to tell her that she's beautiful.
- Marzipan's Answering Machine Version 8.0 — Coach Z asks Marzipan if they were 'just friends', or more than friends.
- Marzipan's Answering Machine Version 9.2 — Coach Z accidentally admits to breaking into Marzipan's house.
- Happy Fireworks — Coach Z flirts with Cardboard Marzipan.
- Email diorama — Coach Z says Marzipan is his girlfriend.
- Strong Badia the Free — After you beat the game and talk to Coach Z, he'll say he wants to stay in Marzipan's backyard to spy on her.
- Email being mean — Coach Z speaks suggestively to Marzipan; however, whether he was only acting (which is what he was supposed to be doing) or not in that particular spot is unclear.
- Baddest of the Bands — Coach Z is found sighing and obsessing about Marzipan.
- Marzipan's Answering Machine Version 15.2 — Coach Z asks Marzipan to come down to the 'Stu-jo' and be a sassy high-pitched background singer on his new track.
- Marzipan's Answering Machine Version 16.2 — Coach Z lets slip that he isn't allowed within 500 feet of Marzipan's House and then claims that he gets "some sweet gooseflesh" whenever he comes within 497 feet of it, although it is implied that this might be Strong Sad, who is housesitting for Marzipan at the time of this toon.
 Marzipan's dislike for Coach Z
- The Best Decemberween Ever — Marzipan tells Coach Z the scratch 'n sniff calendar he made her is nasty.
- Marzipan's Answering Machine Version 7.0 — Bubs tells Marzipan that Coach Z received the kick in the crotch she sent him.
- Fall Float Parade — Marzipan gets angry at Coach Z for making inappropriate comments during the commercial break. Later on, she interrupts Coach Z's free-styling session saying that "It's really annoying."
- Baddest of the Bands — Marzipan gets angry at Coach Z for breaking her window with a rock, which he mistook for a pebble. She then claims that Coach Z is not allowed within 500 feet of her house. Bubs, however, said the window breaking brought back memories when he and Coach Z threw rocks through Old Man Marzipan's window.
- Doomy Tales of the Macabre — When Coach Z replaces Homestar as Marzipan's boyfriend, in despair Marzipan cries out, "Noooooooo!" She later scowls at Coach Z when he demands that she continue cooking his "70's dinner."
 Coach Z and Marzipan getting along
- A Jorb Well Done — Marzipan tries to help Coach Z say the word 'Job'.
- Fall Float Parade — Coach Z and Marzipan work together as commentators during the parade (although there are still visible tensions between them).
- Email environment — Marzipan approved of Coach Z's "hydroelectric" cooking methods.
- Email being mean — Marzipan and Coach Z, along with Strong Mad, stage a play on why "be'sing" mean isn't the best choice.
- A Death-Defying Decemberween — Marzipan and Coach Z help Bubs and Strong Mad build a snowman without conflict.