From Homestar Runner Wiki
 Discount brick reference
The discount brick scene, seems a reference to Krazy Kat, especially after Homestar talks about "a classic line". Of course, this might be a meaningless coincidence.
 Closed STUFF
 Another convoluted band reference thing (DECLINED)
Strong Bad may be poking fun at rock group Emerson, Lake & Palmer; his first extension of Em's name is Emerson and the group in question released an album in 1971 entitled Tarkus, hence Emtarkanderundersgunderson (while this may be stretching things, the letter "u" replaces "a" in the repetition of "ander," the letter "s" following).
- Must...deny...funfact! Dasrik 07:56, 15 May 2005 (UTC)
Revise The evidence shown is convincing, but it may still be a coincidence. If you can show a little more I'll accept.Since you failed to revise, Decline--AnarchyBalsac
- Decline The fact that this one actually contains the phrases "this may be and stretching things" should disqualify it. Donny vs Universe
Comment It still might be true. The "emerson" and "tark" things are convincing, he just needs to add a little more proof.--AnarchyBalsac
- And somehow I'm still not seeing it. Besides, he probably called him Emerson because adding "erson" onto someone's name is a HR running gag. Donny vs Universe
- According to this --> Names ending in -erson you are correct,
it still could be a double gag though. However, I'm not accepting it yet anyway. As I said, he needs to give more proof.--AnarchyBalsac
- Comment Although that is true, it was not a running gag at the time because this is the first appearance of it.
- Decline. Sometimes an -erson joke is just an -erson joke. -- tomstiff 13:32, 16 May 2005 (UTC)
- Declinexord Emerson is also a company that makes sinks and dishwashers, not to mention that Emerson is a real last name. Who knows where they were going? And who cares? -- Lord Karkon
 exit 40 b
i think its fourty b, not porter b. anyway csours 03:48, 18 August 2006 (UTC)
 Some girl named Beth
Am I the only one in the dark about "some girl named Beth?" Aside from the storybook Beth who looks like a dude, does Strong Bad ever mention a Beth?
I believe that Strong Bad just did this for the purpose of the rhyme. You could just say that Beth was a wild card.
Shouldn't the "Strong Bad misspells "occasionally" as "occassionally," mere seconds after having mentioned making fun of his fans' spelling errors." Be more in something like the remarks section rather than the goofs section? Didn't TBC mean that as a joke rather than a messup? Bassium!
- If it's a joke, it's a really, really subtle one. Subtle enough that I don't think it is, no. --Jay (Talk) 02:54, 17 April 2008 (UTC)
 "click on words to make little dumb stuff pop up"
I think strong bad is talking about easter eggs.--Mariofan1000 21:16, 22 December 2008 (UTC)
- Yep. --DorianGray 21:17, 22 December 2008 (UTC)