From Homestar Runner Wiki
Welcome to the Homestar Runner Wiki! I wanted to extend a personal welcome, since I believe strongly that a Wiki should be a democratic and non-threatening place where everyone feels like they can contribute. Unfortunately it can be very frustrating at first if you make changes that are ignored or changed back by other users, but if so I encourage you to hang in there; as you get a feel for the way things are done around here you'll feel more at home. That was my experience, anyway!
Here are some tips to get you started:
- The best way to start is with the HRWiki:Introduction, followed by a brief tour of the wiki: HRWiki tour!
- If you need general information, editing tips, or answers to frequently asked questions, check out the help page.
- Before you do any significant editing, be sure to familiarize yourself with our wiki standards.
- Read up on the rules and guidelines for your user page. What you're reading right now, by the way, is the "Talk:" page that goes with your user page. It's a good way to communicate directly with specific users. The best way to respond, though, is on the same user page where the conversation was started. E.g. if you have a question, go to my user talk page and edit it, then watch my page (via Recent changes) for a response.
- If you're not sure what you can do to help out, head over to The Stick.
- If you're looking for more community interaction, you can also register over at our forum and get More Community Interaction Than You Or Your Grandmother Can Handle!
- Above all, be bold and have fun!
Feel free to delete this message when you're done reading it. (In general, it's frowned on to delete other people's input on talk pages, but this entry is just here to be helpful. When it's done being helpful, I guarantee you won't hurt my feelings by ditching it!)
HI I'm here i will not say my real name but I will let you guess.
- I'm in the other block
- I use flash at the library
- I'm not your mom
- I'm in 5thy period band
- I sometimes read manga
- I'm— Pieinbubsface (t) 02:45, 8 January 2006 (UTC)
- I'm an uncyclopediauser
Answer John Kerry
I see you play clarinet. I'm a trombonist, saxophonist, bassist and pianist, it's good to have another musician on board. BTW, have you found the Preview Edit button? Just letting you know about it; if you use Preview, your changes aren't saved, and you avoid filling Recent Changes with edits. Anyway, looking forward to more article contributions! - Qermaq - (T/C) 23:30, 22 May 2006 (UTC)
Sounds like you like jazz. Are you a professional? - — Bubyman Lets chat 21:04, 29 May 2008 (UTC)
Yeah. The Clarinet is awsome.Kinda. — Bubyman Lets chat 13:45, 6 June 2006
Somewhat. — Bubyman Lets chat 18:30, 13 May 2007
 Vera Low Prices!
- huh...i got mine from craig biggio, a two time golden glove 2nd baseman on the astros, who im realted to, and oviously, Homsar *goes to user page, bows to homsar picture, goes upstairs, bows to homsar shirt*. -Homsar7(Hom · Sar)
 Show preview
Hello, you are using up a lot of space on the recent changes, so I want to make sure that this doesn't happen. I want to ask you to please before you edit anything, use the show preview button next to the save button. I hope this helps you, and so have fun.--H*bad 05:02, 27 May 2006 (UTC)
Thanks for the advice. -— Bubyman Lets chat
Your welcome.--H*bad 05:40, 27 May 2006 (UTC)
 Hello Again.
Hello again Bubyman, I hope all is well. I'll check back here, so continue to write here. Thanks.
 Using Show Preview
Hello Bubyman, I see that you have made several consecutive edits to the same page. I want to point out the Show Preview button. It's right next to the Save Page button when you edit. You should use it whenever you are making a lot of experimental edits, for example when you are trying to get formatting right. Using the Show Preview button is quicker and easier than saving and clicking "edit" again, and will keep recent changes and page histories from being flooded. Thanks, --DorianGray 18:22, 13 May 2007 (UTC)