From Homestar Runner Wiki
Some elements of the Homestar Runner body of work draw inspiration from pieces of entertainment involving the comedy group, The Three Stooges.
- In Search of the Yello Dello — Homestar Runner sings, "Hello Yello Dello", in imitation of The Three Stooges' quote, "Hello, Hello, Hello! Hello hello hello hello hello!"
- Email lackey — Strong Bad's remark about "Super service", which he says in a Brooklyn accent, refers to the short Violent is the Word for Curly.
- Email virus — Strong Bad says, "A wise guy, eh?" in imitation of Moe Howard.
- Email candy product — One of the subjects found in the H*R Junkmail Filta in Edgar's Baby's Daddy is "Shemp vs. Curly Joe". Shemp and Curly Joe were members of the group.
- Email senior prom (DVD commentary) — When the Brothers Chaps discuss old-timey tuxedos at the prom, they talk about how in cartoons, the "flap things" can't keep from being tucked in and smacking the wearer in the face. Mike recalls that that may be in "Three Stooges or something".
- Teen Girl Squad Issue 13 (DVD commentary) — The Brothers Chaps, during the scene with Momkins, make reference to The Robonic Stooges, which was a short-lived Saturday morning cartoon show about the comedy group as clumsy superheroes.
- SBCG4AP Dev Blog - Apr. 24, 2008 — Strong Bad claims to launch a "heat-seeking 3-Stooges eye-poker missile" in his game. The hallmark slapstick comedy of the Stooges often included eye-poking.
- Email hiding — When Strong Bad mocks, "Scarlet, MO", it spawns a book title of the same name, featuring, on the cover, Moe resembling Moe Howard.