User talk:Saddy Dumpington
From Homestar Runner Wiki
Here are some tips to get you started:
- If you need general information, editing tips, or answers to frequently asked questions, check out the help page.
- Before you do any significant editing, be sure to familiarize yourself with our wiki standards.
- Read up on the rules and guidelines for your user space.
- If you're not sure what you can do to help out, head over to The Stick.
- To practice editing, go over to the sandbox.
- If you're looking for more community interaction, you can also register over at our forum.
- If you see an update on homestarrunner.com that isn't listed on the Main Page, put it up here.
- To sign and timestamp a post on a talk page, type four tildes (~~~~).
- Above all, be sure to be bold and have fun!
Feel free to delete this message when you're done reading it. After all, your user space belongs to you. I hope this information is helpful, and that you'll have a good experience contributing to our knowledge-base and our community.
I R F , and "The Homestar Runner Wiki Welcoming Committee", 14:55, 30 December 2006 (UTC)
thanks guys--Saddy Dumpington | talk 21:31, 30 December 2006 (UTC)
Hey there, Saddy! I saw you just started your sig! Unfortunatly, it's a little bit too big.
You see, both blue boxes should be touching. The problem is that your image (which I like, by the way) is too tall. I would suggest making it smaller/shorter, or removing it completely. You're sig is also too long. Removing the image would shorten it, or you could always shorten the text.
Thanks, and sorry if I was a little harsh or nitpicky. I can be like that. Heh. Happy Wiki-ing! Bluebry 22:42, 31 December 2006 (UTC)
- It's okay you're old sig was a little too big. But, uh, yeah, if you can find ANY way to downsize your sig image, then, you'll be okay. (I still REALLY like your sig!) Bluebry 23:03, 31 December 2006 (UTC)
 follow up
Hey there Saddy Dumpington,
I see that you are off to a great start and are learning how edit your user space and I see that you have gotten a snappy looking sig. Now, when the next toon or email comes out, let's see if you can add a fun fact. This will be neat beacuse you will always be able to look back and think, "hey, I added that fact." Let me know if you need any help. I R F 20:54, 4 January 2007 (UTC)
 User pages
Hey, just to reassure you - when you make an edit to someone else's user page to fix something that obviously needs fixing, like a broken image link or something, that's totally OK. Making creative edits, or changing information from what the user wants, that's a no-no. That's all covered in the policy. Happy T! - Qermaq - (T/C) 22:47, 22 April 2007 (UTC)
- Oh, that's good to know. Thanks for telling me.- Saddy Dumpington 00:00, 23 April 2007 (UTC)
 Welcoming vandals
Hey there Saddy. Please make sure you check some information about the user before you welcome them. You are welcoming some vandals who have been permanently blocked. Please be more careful. Thanks, BazookaJoe 20:11, 23 April 2007 (UTC)
- Oh, sorry. I was getting caught up in the moment... sorry.- Saddy Dumpington 20:12, 23 April 2007 (UTC)
Hey Saddy. I don't want to be rude but you didn't upload the Get Back To Work block notice. I did. Could you please take it of your page because I uploaded it and you just fixed it. Please don't take this personal. Anyways, sorry I'm being a bit rude because I don't want to be rude. Keep on workin' hard, Sam the Man
- Just to let you know, Sam, he doesn't claim that he originally uploaded all the images. In fact, the subpage he links to states at the top, "Images I've uploaded/edited", so it's perfectly okay as long as Saddy doesn't try to claim that he is the original creator of all of the images. — Has Matt? (talk) 12:11, 26 April 2007 (UTC)
 Uploaded images
Hey there, Saddy Dumpington. I noticed that you have an uploaded images subpage — several users have agreed that this type of page does not satisfy the requirements for user subpages. The two main reasons for this are that they don't directly serve the project and that there's already a built-in way to link to your uploaded images: .