From Homestar Runner Wiki
MIKE: Matt always throws in this stuff from old Looney Tunes that I don't know.
MATT: Well, I mean, it's sub— subconscious.
- — funny commentary
The Looney Tunes
shorts produced by Warner Bros.
have inspired many animators, including The Brothers Chaps
- The Poopsmith, like Wile E. Coyote, sometimes talks by holding up signs.
- Email island (Easter Egg) — Homestar Runner and Strong Bad imagine each other as various foods as the two castaways from Wackiki Wabbit did.
- Email funny — Some of Strong Bad's wacky movements and sounds also come from Wackiki Wabbit.
- Email lackey — Strong Bad quotes Bugs Bunny when he calls The Cheat "so trusting, so naive".
- Email rock opera — Strong Bad applauds his creation with Speedy Gonzales' catchphrase, "¡Ándale! ¡Ándale! ¡Arriba! ¡Arriba!"
- Email bottom 10 — When displaying #6 on Strong Bad's bottom 10, which is "The foul stench of wet The Cheat", The Cheat is seen sopping wet next to a glass of water and a tall ladder, which is likely a reference to several Looney Tunes cartoons which featured someone doing a high dive into a glass of water, instead of a tank of water, such as Stage Door Cartoon.
- Halloween Potion-ma-jig — Strong Mad dresses as Gossamer.
- Email theme song — The announcer quotes the theme song to the TV show Tiny Toon Adventures when he says, "They're tiny, they're toony, they're all a little loony. It's the Cheat Commandos."
- Email pizza joint — The Cheat having a restaurant in The King of Town's Grill is similar to Rabbit Every Monday, where Bugs Bunny convinces Yosemite Sam that there is a party going on in a wood burning oven.
- Weclome Back (DVD Commentary) — Matt mentions "the sheep and the wolf from those Looney Tunes cartoons". He was most likely referring to Sam Sheepdog and Ralph Wolf.
- Sickly Sam's Big Outing — Old Timey Marzipan quotes Hare Tonic as she invites Sickly Sam to "cut [himself] a slice of rug".
- Play Date — Homestar shouting of "peppering" refers to Bugs Bunny's line, "That's the old pepper, boy!" heard in Baseball Bugs.
- Baddest of the Bands — Any time that the Limozeen Coloring Book is used on Strong Bad, he says the phrase, "...and name him George." This refers to The Abominable Snow Rabbit, a cartoon with Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck and the Abominable Snowman, who is always wishing for a pet bunny rabbit to name George.
- Email mini-golf (DVD commentary) — Matt compares "Sweet Cuppin' Cakes" to Wackyland where Gogo the Dodo lives. Gogo is a character on Tiny Toon Adventures and is related to the Dodo from Looney Tunes cartoons like Porky In Wackyland, which is also where Wackyland originated.