De La Soul
From Homestar Runner Wiki
Popular hip hop artist De La Soul has been mentioned or referenced multiple times in the Homestar Runner body of work. The Brothers Chaps have claimed that their album De La Soul Is Dead is one of their favorites.
- Email 50 emails — One of Homestar's commands to delete the email is "de la soul".
- Email monster truck — Homestar's line, "Let's do this like Brutus," is from the band's album De La Soul Is Dead, which itself is a reference to the track "Bring The Noise", where the phrase, "We can do this like Brutus," is spoken by Flavor Flav.
- Email big white face — Strong Bad refers to the Poopsmith as "doodoo man," which references track 14 of "De La Soul Is Dead" by featuring a fictional DJ who refers to himself as the "doodoo man".
- Email death metal — One of the words that starts with "D-E" that Brainkrieg sings is "De La Soul!"
- Kick-A-Ball — The page title is based off the De La Soul song "A Roller Skating Jam Named 'Saturdays'".