Handheld Games Menu
From Homestar Runner Wiki
 Modern Handheld Games Menu
The Handheld Games Menu is currently available by choosing "Old Games" on the Scrolling Shooter Games Menu. It is modeled after the vintage Nintendo "Game & Watch." The background can be changed so Homestar Runner can prance across The Field, Strong Badia and The King of Town's Grill.
Page Title: Exciting Handheld Action!
Date: Thursday, July 29, 2004
 Available Games
- Dancin' Bubs
- Homestar Talker
- Audition with Marzipan
- Bronco Trolleys
- Strong Libs
- Homestar Quiz
- Hairstyle Runner
- Fortune Cookies
- Who Said What?
- Astro Lite
 Original Handheld Games Menu
Previously, the Handheld Games Menu was the main Games Menu. Most of it was the same as the current Handheld Games Menu, but there were a few differences.
Date: Sunday, July 14, 2002
- The last three games have been moved around a bit. The original version had the Videlectrix games "Population: Tire" and "TROGDOR!" (which were moved to the new Games Menu) instead of "Fortune Cookies" and "Astro Lite", which were in the Museum at the time. "Who Said What?" was also eighth in line instead of ninth. Population: Tire had a tire as an icon and TROGDOR! had Trogdor as an icon.
- The text on top read "Super Fun Games-n-Such" instead of "Super Old Games-n-Such". The outline of the text was also thicker in the original version.
- The "bkgrd" button was where the "new games" button game is now. Obviously, the "new games" button was not in the original version.
- The mouth of the Strong Bad face ("Strong Libs'" icon) was filled in more in the original version. The question mark ("Homestar Quiz's" icon) was darker in the original version.
- The original version had a gray back button in the bottom-left corner of the screen, which the new version lacks.
- The original version calls the Who Said What Now? game "Spin `N Say", while in the new version it is called "Who Said What".
- There are actually two select buttons, one is the yellow one and there is one behind it which is black that can be selected by clicking below and to the right of the yellow button or by pressing tab a few times which scrolls through the buttons.
- Pressing the "right" button while Astro-Lite 2600 is selected scrolls the selection back to the first spot, but pressing "left" when the first spot is selected doesn't move the selection at all.
 External links
- view the Handheld Games Menu
- view the Flash file for the Handheld Games Menu
- view the original Handheld Games Menu (mirror)
- view the Flash file for the original Handheld Games Menu (mirror)
Third Games Menu
Scrolling Shooter Games Menu