From Homestar Runner Wiki
Hi, I'm Brightstar Shiner! Welcome to my userpage. If I had to pick one word to describe myself it would probably be... Fluffy Puff Marshmallows. Or Brightstar. They both fit. You can usually find me on talk pages or proofreading articles. I don't like it when people state the same Strong Bad quote twice or more in one discussion topic or edit using the words "you" and "we see" like they're going out of style. That ticks me off. Other than that, I am a very friendly person.
 Basic Stuff, etc.
Real Name: Mary Lee
Home: Ohio, USA
Sense of Humor: Dry
Likes: Art, jazz music, Japan, manga, video games, books, movies, proper grammar
Dislikes: sports, boredom
Favorite Kind of Cheese: Smoked Gouda... yum... no wait! It's Brie! Brie... yuuuuummmm....
Favorite Random Trivia Fact: There are 43,252,003,274,489,855,999 (roughly 43 quintillion) wrong arrangements for a Rubik's Cube and one correct one.
Opinion of Sbemail Talk Page Arguments: Apparently, almost every single one must consist of as many related H*R quotes as humanly possible, while being productive, swift, meaningful, and civil all at the same time.
Ex: Grood. Now that all the fun facts have been foreallysolved, we can (A) wash where the sun don't shine, (B) drop our grapes on the reformat, and (C) uncover that cheat!
Brilliant. Just brilliant.
 Other Things
H*R memorabilia I have currently: Original Big White Star T-Shirt, Strong Bad Sings CD, and Stop Sign Keychain
Things I'm proud of:
- Creating the Integral Article page. It was a featured article! I'm so proud!
- Reformating the HRWiki:Inclusion guidelines article.
- Helping greatly on the Songs By Character page.
- Working on the Songs category as a whole.
- Whipping the Glossary into shape.
- Cleaning up Featured Articles for HRWiki:Article Cleanup and pioneering the project with the help of several other users.
- Restarting HRWiki:Favicon and heavily contributing to it.
- Contributing to new sbemail pages and anything else I can poke myself into.
- Getting a Pizza Trophy!
- Getting a score of 3478 on the wikipediholic test. I kind of exaggerated, but my "real" score would still be around 2500-3000. That's creepy...
- Being on the wiki for over two years now. That's cool; at least I think so....
- Leaving the wiki for a soul-eating length of time (8 months or so), only to crawl back shamelessly because I was bored and didn't want to study for my history test on the Cold War (I know everything anyway! Seriously!). Wait, how am I supposed to be proud of that?
- Getting a perfect score on that history test.
- Finishing my first screenplay, Star Savior of Marenia! It's 49 pages long and took over three years to come up with and write, so it's a pretty big deal. I'm not putting it up on the internet yet, since I'm nervous about copyrights and such. If you want to read it, send me an email.
Troll Count: This page has been vandilized twice by WoW clones.
My Signature: -Brightstar Shiner
I also have a personal sandbox called The Sketchbook.
 The Late, Great Quote Thing
Strong Bad: "Oh no, these grapes are succulently crushing my windpipe. Oh, but they're seedless! (chomp, chomp, chomp)"
Strong Bad: "You little almost-naked babies are so cute, I could just dip you in beer batter and fry you right up!"
Andrew Lloyd Webber: "How can I say I miss you if you won't go away?"
So this is how liberty dies. With thunderous applause.
Clara was one in a million. One in a billion. One in a googolplex!
That's "screen door on a submarine", you dork.
This is part of a dialogue, but I cut the rest out. Can you guess it?
These are all movie quotes. If you can tell me what movie each one of them is from and who said the quote, you get cupcakes! If the time between this posting and the correct response is more than one month, you get stale cupcakes! Oh, and don't use Google or another search engine. That's cheating. Huzzah!!
This time's hint: All quotes are from some of my favorite movies. Good luck guessing them! ^_~
Note: All three quotes have been guessed, but I'm not going to change it for a while. I don't like cluttering Recent Changes with my contest and don't like that my user talk is 90% quote guesses. This contest is currently on hiatus and I'll pick it back up when I feel like it.
Previous winners (or "those who have recieved cupcakes"):
- It's dot com
- TheYellowDart—(t/c) twice
- Loafing a few times
- Stux a few times
- Collin McFly
- Dr. Clash
Just so you know, my philosophy is to be nice to everybody. If I yell at you in a talk page or something for some reason, I'll go back and apologize. If I don't... well, don't take it personally because I probably just forgot all about it.
The pen is mightier than the sword if it is sharpened to a fine point, dipped in deadly poison, and thrown from ten feet away. But seriously, you're better off with a sword.