Strong Bad's Website

From Homestar Runner Wiki

Jump to: navigation, search
Toon Category: Uncategorized
Frames upon frames

Strong Bad's Website is a website (found on about The Cheat. It was first seen in the email website as an example of website design and content fundamentals. It sports a long Flash intro and lots of animated GIFs.

Page Title (With frames): WELCOME TO YOUR DOOM!!
Page Title (Without frames): Total Grodal


[edit] Strong Bad's Long Flash Intro

{A picture of The Cheat and the word "presents" on a black background appear, followed by two green, bean-shaped eyes. Strong Bad makes drum-like sound effects in the background. The eyes fade and the letters "SB" appear. "Strong" and "Bad" are inside each letter. Strong Bad starts mimicking a guitar. The "S" and "B" turn into "The Web" in cursive. "The Web" turns into "Welcomes 'u' '2'", the letters made of only horizontal and vertical lines. The words "strong bad's cybersite" appear in red below "Welcomes 'u' '2'". A rainbow circle about 3/4 the size of the "2" comes and rolls in, stopping at the quotation mark before the "2". The word "cybersite" turns into rainbow colors. The words exit and something like a black hole appears. A hand appears to punch you, and after it does, the word "OUCH!" appears above it. The words "Get on in!" appear in a long button. The words can be clicked to get to Strong Bad's Website.}

STRONG BAD: Uh, I'm not sure about the quality of this microphone, The Cheat.

[edit] House of the Brothers Chaps

The Cheat on the couch
That hunk of foil

The pictures of The Cheat are photos of The Brothers Chaps' house at the time with The Cheat added in later. The couch seen here is the same couch that appears in the August 1, 2003 Pulse Interview. The brick wall seen in this image follows the same brick pattern seen in the The Cheatar short.

[edit] Contents of the fridge

  • Top shelf in the door (left to right):
  • Bottom shelf in the door (left to right):
  • Top shelf inside fridge:
    • Water filter pitcher
    • Loaf of bread
  • Bottom shelf inside fridge:
    • Hunk of foil-wrapped food that's been there since April
      • According to Strong Bad, "There's a 55% chance it was once a zucchini. The other 45% screams 'texas cheesesteak and egg patty melt.'"
  • Strewn about on the floor:
    • Milk
    • Kraft Parmesan cheese
    • Balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
  • To the left of the fridge:

[edit] Easter Eggs

[edit] Fun Facts

[edit] Explanations

  • The picture on the site titled "long haired freaky cheat" will never load, because the image is directed to the file "oh, just nothing" in the source.

[edit] Trivia

  • Clicking the button that says "ENTER" will reload the same website, and because it uses frames so poorly, the website will reload inside one of its own frames.
  • The doubled rotating GIF about halfway down the page reads "World Wide Wed".
  • The GIF with the silver diamond reads "Hi Rez", which is most likely referring to the term "high resolution".
  • The title of the page used for the "A" animation frame is "A!!!".
  • The counter, a static GIF image, always reads "You're the 000016th biggest moron, ever."

[edit] Remarks

  • The picture titled "long haired freaky cheat" is one of the few times when The Cheat is not referred to with the integral article.
  • The "Welcome to your doom!" sound byte cannot be heard in Safari if QuickTime is not installed.

[edit] Inside References

  • The animated GIF refers to the World Wide Wed.

[edit] Real-World References

  • This site is a parody of many very poorly executed and ultimately pointless websites that used to be common on free webservers like Tripod and GeoCities.
  • The intro song that Strong Bad mumbles is the riff to "Bored" by Death Angel.
  • "Welcome to your doom!" is from the Sega Genesis version of Altered Beast.
  • "Long haired freaky cheat" is a reference to lyrics "Long haired freaky people" from the song "Signs" by the Five Man Electrical Band.

[edit] Fast Forward

  • During a panel at PAX East on April 8, 2018, The Brothers Chaps briefly discussed the photos on Strong Bad's website: "At the time we got these pictures of The Cheat, it was a big deal because we had just gotten a digital camera. This [was] 2002, and at the time it was still kind of hard to get a photographic image on your computer."
  • On February 10, 2019, @StrongBadActual linked to the website in response to being shared a different poorly-made website. Further Tweets that day revealed the possible contents of the hunk of foil in the fridge, as well as that the "long haired freaky cheat" image was saved to an old FD memory card, a format produced by Videlectrix for only three months.
    • During the PAX panel, Memory Sticks were mentioned as the actual storage device the images were saved to.

[edit] See Also

[edit] External links

Personal tools