From Homestar Runner Wiki
|Email is a featured article, which means it showcases an important part of the Homestar Runner body of work and/or highlights the fine work of this wiki. We also might just think it's cool. If you see a way this page can be updated or improved without compromising previous work, feel free to contribute.|
 Fun Facts
- I did not troll the fun facts. It was not for that purpose. If you ask me about it on my talk page, I will tell you its purpose. Pop tire 11:24, 26 Mar 2005 (MST)
- But you trolled Songs and created "Jesus Christ is Lord", which is trolling. You've been added to HRWiki:WikiTroll. →[[User:FireBird|FireBird]]
As said on some Fun Fact, What's her face's address says 412 S Figgis, Mundelow, but Gent's is 403.
- And... your point is... — talk Bubsty edits 03:35, 27 November 2005 (UTC)
 Wasn't Just For Email Once?
Did the email button used to link to other stuff before? -- The Real Zajac 00:28, 13 Dec 2005 (PST)
 TBC email not working?
I tried to email the Brothers but I immediately got this response:
Hi. This is the qmail-send program at mx01.clt.homestarrunner.com. I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses. This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.
followed by the email I sent and a bunch of other stuff that looked like virus
Has constant spam got their email broken or am I just getting messed with? --220.127.116.11 19:39, 2 October 2006 (UTC)
- More than likely there was some sort of server glitch, or perhaps their inbox was full. Just guesses, there's no way to know for sure. I'd doubt their email would be down for an appreciable amount of time, though: try again. - Qermaq - (T/C) 19:42, 2 October 2006 (UTC)
 Fitty Cent
- 50 Cent is commonly called "Fitty cent". I believe this is because he was shot in the mouth (although I may be incorrect; however, it's unlikely. I mean, hasn't he gotten shot like, 9 times?!), and pronounces "fifty" as "fitty". Bluebry 01:10, 24 May 2007 (UTC)
- I agree — I think it's a reference. Trey56 01:17, 24 May 2007 (UTC)
- Ah, OK, if you folks say so ;-) Loafing 11:31, 24 May 2007 (UTC)
 What's This?
Yes, I do. I found that page months ago. It is the spot where The Brothers Chaps, and or anyone else with a homestarrunner.com email address, log in. Like the store's email, firstname.lastname@example.org. They'd type in, like, store, in the name, and the password in the password slot. (Obviously) Same for the brothers. Proof that I found this page before you did: Check out my personal image: . There's been a link to that login page for a while. And it could also just be a joke, but no one knows for sure. And if you could help with my image, still not sure of copyright status, and If you think it can't be a personal image, as it should be for the wiki to use, inform me please. —Mas12806 (talk·contribs) 18:17, 22 November 2008 (UTC)
- Thanks. But, shouldn't this be a Secret Page? (Regarding the status of your image, I think it would be a web-screenshot, personally.) ThePizz√ Pick 21:30, 22 November 2008 (UTC)
You mean your concerned because you think someone might try to hack TBC's mail system? I understand. Can I still keep the link to the email page from my personal image page? —Mas12806 (talk·contribs) 14:33, 23 November 2008 (UTC)
May I move this page to E-mail? Main pages are using it as a link to their respective e-mail buttons, and I thought it should be changed... because the buttons called "e-mail". --BroncoTroll☺ 22:10, 4 April 2013 (UTC)
- No, I don't think it should be moved. There's only one "e-mail" on the page (on the mailbox itself). All of the other instances (including in the page title) are hyphenless. Just use a piped link. — It's dot com 22:13, 4 April 2013 (UTC)
 Older versions
While looking through the Internet Archive's Wayback Machine, I found something: There were two older versions of this page; one version, which was used from at least February 2002 to February 2003, was identical to the current page, except it had the page title "The Email Menu - 'It's not just for email anymore!'", and the button that currently links to the Message Bored header instead linked to the old updates page. Another version, which was used from at least June 2003 to December 2003, was an HTML page, with the page title "Email Menu - It's Back to Being Just For Email Again!". (As the links suggest, there are two versions of this one; both versions have the same page title, no FAQ link, a form for email updates, and an email link to email@example.com, which the page specifies as "the business guy". The first version has the store questions form on the page itself, while the second version instead has a link to a customer service page.) This is the most likely reason why the current page title is "Email Menu - It's maybe just for email againymore!"; the two titles were combined. --18.104.22.168 16:15, 14 September 2013 (UTC)
- The internet archive doesn't have an archive for the swf until October 2004, so the 2002-2003 swf may have been different. DEI
VM┌datvm center\super contra┘ 08:56, 15 September 2013 (UTC)
- I think the crawling may have been inconsistent — even though the SWF itself is only archived as far back as October 2004, the 2002-2003 version of the page still retains a copy of it (despite the missing images from the interim HTML version), and it has the same file name as the current one. --22.214.171.124 22:48, 1 October 2013 (UTC)
 Bored Games
Clicking on the Strong Bad sticker on the mailbox seems to open up the Strong Bad Message Bored page in a new window, where you can play the Bored Games. Has anyone noticed this before? -Doormat T.
 Matt Chapman's Email?
Should we add the fact that Matt Chapman's email is firstname.lastname@example.org? If anyone could check if it would still work, that'll be good.
- Something tells me they're trying to move away from email. I'm sure every email address with the homestarrunner.com domain has been spammed to death by now. That said, it might be worth it to mention that Matt's email was email@example.com, for completeness's sake. -- PURPLE WRENCH 15:59, 18 January 2016 (UTC)
 One letter removed... but why?
Hi there! I just went to HomestarRunner.com and I detected that one letter saying "The Brothers Chaps" were removed, and the question is only... why. Can anyone please explain to us the reason why? Thank you! ;) --126.96.36.199 14:05, 5 September 2016 (UTC)