Stinkoman 20X6 Trivia
From Homestar Runner Wiki
Here is some of the trivia regarding the Stinkoman 20X6 game.
- This is the first time we have seen Stinkoman's House. (Or any 20X6 character's house, for that matter).
- Aside from the "Kerrek" and "Trogdor" versions of the Peasant's Quest Movie Trailer, stinkogame.swf is the single largest Flash file on the site.
- In the bottom right-hand corner of the PLAY GAME! screen it says "V7.1 EPISODES 1-9".
- It said "V6.0 EPISODES 1-8" until September 5, 2005, when the ninth level was added.
- It said "V5.0 EPISODES 1-7" until August 1, 2005, when the eighth level was added.
- It said "V4.0 EPISODES 1-6" until July 4, 2005, when the seventh level was added.
- It said "V3.0 EPISODES 1-5 THUS FAR" until May 16, 2005, when the sixth level was added.
- It said "V2.0 EPISODES 1-4" until May 9, 2005, when the fifth level was added.
- It said "V1.X EPISODES 1-3" until April 26, 2005, when the fourth level was added.
- In versions 4 (and below), the Flash 7 Warning in the bottom left corner read "FLASH PLAYER 7 REQUIRED". In version 5, it read "FLASH 7 VERY REQUIRED". In version 6, it read "FLASH 7 REQUIRED, 8 IS COOL TOO". In version 7, it reads "FLASH 7 OR HIRE REQUIRED".
- The "No Flash 7" warning box (which you also see if you attempt to flip the SWF file) reads:
FLASH PLAYER 7 IS REQUIRED TO PLAY STINKOMAN 20X6 THIS THING SAYS YOU DON'T HAS
- The promised Level 10 has not yet been released after Level 9 for over 7 years.
 Levels 4 to -0
- This game lacked the gray navbar at the bottom of the screen to move to other parts of the website until level 4 was added.
- In the beginning of level 6, in the cutscene when Stinkoman is playing the game the music is the same as the moon level. When he gets Game Over it is also the same music you get when it's Game Over. He might be playing Stinkoman 20X6!
- The quality of the music in Level 7 onward is higher than the other ones, resulting in sharper sound.
- When world 8/-0 was first released, the Poorbt at the beginning of level -0.1 came from the right side of the screen. It was later changed so it would come from the left.
- With the release of version 7.1, it now comes from the right again.
- In the game, parallax scrolling is present. Normally, the layers scroll the opposite direction Stinkoman is moving. However, in world -0, the layers scroll in the same direction as Stinkoman is walking. This was intentional since -0 was meant to have glitches in it.
- Level 7 contains a nondescript noun (namely, the boss of that level: An Ice Machine).
 Level 9
- Version 7 enabled the menus to be navigated with either the mouse or keyboard.
- When version 7 was released, Stinkoman's punches changed from the usual pattern. They used to fly forward a small bit, while falling slightly, and then disappear. However, it seems they now have much the same traits as the lasers the ship fires, heading almost straight forward without any hindrance.
- Because of this, you can kill the Greggo at the beginning of 1.2 by shooting repeatedly as you fall into the level.
- When level 9 was first released, your number of shields would remain constant after losing a life. This meant that you could hoard shields if you had lives to spare, or that you could use up all your shields on one life and have none on the next. This has since been changed: after losing a life, your shield count always resets to 3.