From Homestar Runner Wiki
There have been many occurrences of Mashing Go/Play throughout the Homestar Runner body of work. This phrase generally replaces the term "push" or "press" in relation to a button. In the southern United States (e.g. Georgia, home of The Brothers Chaps), "mash" is a common dialect term, so although it has appeared several times in the H*R universe, TBC might not originally have intended for it to become a recurring theme, as they were probably accustomed to the term.
- Debut: Email 1 step ahead — "Mash spacebar" to peg Strong Sad.
- Everybody Knows It — "Mash play on that jambox."
- Email flashback — "And so, The Cheat mashed play on an extremely expensive jambox..."
- The introduction to Disk One of strongbad_email.exe — "Make your selection and mash GO, moron!"
- Email alternate universe — "Mash go on that blender!"
- Email senior prom — "...when I mash go on it, everybody's pants will POOF AWAY!"
- Weclome Back — "...when I mash record on that camera...", then later "...Mash stop when you think you're mashing record and mash record when you think you're mashing stop..."
- Marshmallow's Last Stand commentary — "Pom Pom hit 'mash play' on the... jambox."
- Blue Laserdisc Challenge — "Take control of Blue Laser Commander by mashing left or right on your laserdisc remote when you see this flashing style."
- Viidelectrix version of Duck Guardian One — "Point hereabouts and mash A to start."
- Teen Girl Squad Issue 13 — Tompkins presses buttons on his Game Boy; as he does, the word "m.a.s.h." appears intermittently.
- SBCG4AP — The tutorials explain the controls by telling the player to mash specific buttons on their controller.
- Homestar Ruiner — Strong Bad wonders what will happen if he mashes the erase button on the camera at the racetrack.
- CollegeHumor Interview - 15 Sep 2008 — Matt says that Homestar's favorite video game would be Microsoft Decathlon, "a game where you just mashed keys as fast as you could, and Homestar would love doing that with his head."
- 8-Bit is Enough — Homestar mentions he used his lucky quarter to beat the game Street Masher.