From Homestar Runner Wiki
(Redirected from God)
Religion has occasionally been referenced in the Homestar Runner universe.
- Renaldo — Wears a sideways star and crescent, a symbol of Islam.
- Email — one of the return addresses is "Duderonomy", a reference to Deuteronomy.
- Tis True, Pom Pom, Tis True — Homestar Runner sees Strong Sad as a nun.
- A Holiday Greeting — Strong Bad performs a parody of O Holy Night. Strong Sad ends with the phrase "and God bless us, everyone", albeit interrupted. Strong Sad's phrase is from A Christmas Carol.
- Where's The Cheat? — It is Strong Sad's night to play "Caaardinal Sins". Cardinal sins are another name for the Seven Deadly Sins of Catholicism.
- Pumpkin Carve-nival (Easter egg) — Homsar remarks, "And also with you," a traditional response by the congregation to the priest's "The Lord be with you" in some Christian denominations.
- couch patch — Strong Bad claims that the couch contains a "stench of Biblical proportions."
- Thy Dungeonman II — Removing the loin-cheesecloth results in the message "Thou art as naked as the day god made thee."
- A Folky Tale — Coach Z asks Strong Sad if he's quoting Scripture.
- Hallrunner — One of the obstacles is a Franciscan monk.
- Email record book (commentary) — Strong Bad says, "I mean, I remember as a kid thinking that the Guinness Book of World Records was like, up there with the Bible."
- Teen Girl Squad Issue 10 — After being LATHE'D!, What's Her Face says that she hopes they have corn chips in Heaven.
- Sketchbook for 10 March 2006 — features Shaker Homestar and Mike.
- Thy Dungeonman 3 — A fat monk, who lives alone in a monastery, tries to eat Thy Dungeonman.
- Teen Girl Squad Issue 11 (commentary) — Ryan Sterritt recalls attending a Bible study camp.
- Happy Hallow-day — Strong Bad dresses up as Father Guido Sarducci, who he refers to as a "pretend priest-comedian".
- Email looking old — Strong Bad's age is protected by monks. Marzipan drinks kosher tea.
- The King of Town's Very Own Quite Popular Cartoon Show!! — the King of Town has a Cleric who tries to marry The Poopsmith to a pleasant odor in a chapel.
- Email your funeral — Homestar reads from "the book of phone" as if he was reading from a book of the Bible.
- Email more armies (Easter egg) — Taranchula's album Shady Missionaries features "Fairly Religious Overtones!"
- Email Accent — Coach Z shows Strong Bad a picture of an ear of corn with a halo on it; Strong Bad calls it "religious corn", but Coach Z calls it a "holy crop".
- Jibblies 2 — Strong Bad tells Bubs he needs, among other things, crosses and holy water.
- Non-Sequitur Champion — Senor Cardgage says, "Thank yo, Presbyterian."
- Email hiding — Strong Bad tells The Cheat about a prestigious monk.
- Strong Badia the Free — The Egyptian god Anubis makes an appearance. Also, Strong Bad says "Speak to me, O burning bush!" which is a reference to the story in the book of Exodus where God speaks to Moses in the form of a bush that is burning but not being consumed.
- Comic Book Movie — Strong Bad remarks, "Kindred soul? You sound like a religious metal band. You know, the kind that try and offset their religiousness with evil fonts and drippy graphics!"
- 2 Part Episode: Part 2 — Dryghost says he got the Headquarters Playset for his Bar Mitzvah.
- Email videography — Strong Bad uses "Bar-mitzfvfahs" as one example of an occasion he can videograph.
- A Decemberween Mackerel — An Easter egg makes a reference to God.