From Homestar Runner Wiki
- This article is about the list of frequently asked questions on the official site. For frequently asked questions regarding the wiki itself, see HRWiki:FAQ.
Date: February 15, 2005
Page Title: FAQ - Ouch. What do you do?
Other than the FAQs, the page also contains the following:
- A randomized "What's Wrong with This Mess?" puzzle on the inside cover
- A fill-in-the-blanks puzzle about the characters' eyes on page 12
- A set of static figures that can be placed on a field background found on the last page. These figures are
 Cartoons & SB Emails
- Q. Are the emails Strong Bad answers real?
- Q. How do I get my Strong Bad email answered?
- Q. Is there gonna be a full-length Peasant's Quest movie or what?
- A. There already is one. Its 'full length' is 3 minutes.
- Q. Where are all the old emails and cartoons?
- A. Try the museum section. Just click on the H*R logo on any of the homepages. If you can't find a Strong Bad email, just use the sweet, sweet scroll buttons on the email menu to scroll down. Most of the emails mentioned in 'personal favorites' were made up, so don't look for those so much.
- Q. I noticed a mistake or inconsistency in one of your cartoons!! AHHH!
- A. It was either done on purpose or it's just a cartoon and you probably shouldn't worry about it.
- Q. What the crap is 'fhqwhgads' from?
- A. It's from the Strong Bad email called 'i love you'. The Cheat also made a music video bout it. Check out the Powered by the Cheat section for that.
- A. They were taken down temporarily. Much like Frosty, they'll be back again someday.
- A. Cause it's not a real cartoon. We just wanted to show Marzipan with an afro and a beard.
 Video Games of Distinction
- Q. There is a bug in the Games menu. My score never goes up.
- A. The Games menu is a menu, not a real game. Try clicking on one of the ships to play a real game, some of which have working scoring systems.
- A. Maybe search the web for walkthroughs or hints. That's what we do.
- Q. Super Kingio Bros. is too hard. I can't even clear the first jump.
- A. Keep trying. You might want to buy the Stragedy Guide.
- Q. Where can I buy the Super Kingio Bros. 'Stragedy Guide?'
- A. Keep trying. You might want to buy the Stragedy Guide strategy guide.
- Q. No seriously, what is the deal with Super Kingio Bros?
- A. Okay you caught us. It was meant as a joke and you can't play it beyond the first screen. You get the persistence prize.
- Q. Level 27 of Trogdor: Intentionally unbeatable?
- A. Non. Just broken. We fixed it just for you.
- A. Yeah! Totally. Totally yeah.
- Q. Are them puppets for sale?
- A. Nossir, they's one of kind.
- Q. I have questions about an order I placed or want to place. Who I talk to?
- A. Head on over to store.yahoo.com/homestarrunner and click on either 'Returns, Exchanges, and Refunds' or 'Customer Service and Order Processing.'
- Q. So wait, you guys make a living just by selling this crap?
- A. Yup. Merch sales are fortunately enough to support ourselves and the site. Rock, rock on.
 Tech support
- Q. Who does your hosting?
- A. The fine folks at Caro.net. They set us up real nice.
- Q. Some cartoons or games won't load on my 'puter! What gives?
- Q. Your updates don't show up and I cleared my cache and hit refresh even!
- A. Your internet provider might need to refresh their DNS or something like that. Leastways, that's what we've been told.
- A. We use Windows machines except for video and DVD stuff. That's done on a Mac.
- Q. Who does the voices for your dumb animal characters?
- A. Matt does all the voices 'cept Marzipan, that's Missy. Mike does the voices when the Cheat makes his own cartoons.
- Q. How do you make your cartoons? Like what software and hardware?
- A. We draw and animate everything in Flash. We run a mic through a USB preamp and record sound in Adobe Audition (formerly Cool Edit Pro). Most of the music we make with old Casio keyboards or worse.
- Q. I need help making my own Flash cartoons. Any advice?
- A. Flashkit.com is a good resource for Flash help. Also, the 'Visual Quickstart Guide' series of books on Flash are great.
- Q. Will you link to my website?
- A. There's no real place for that sorta thing on our website. We link to a couple sites here and there but only when it's appropriate.
- Q. Can I hire you guys to make a special cartoon for me?
- A. Homestar keeps us busy enough that we don't have time for freelance or personalized stuff. Thanks for thinking of us though.
 Puzzle Solutions
 What's Wrong with This Mess?
The What's Wrong with This Mess? puzzle is randomized. Among the things that can be potentially wrong in the picture:
- Character head and/or body floating in the sky in upper-left
- Strong Bad's right arm replaced.
- Object in bushes that doesn't belong
- Population: Tire sign wrong
- Strong Sadia Likes: Corn
- Coach Z's Lot Pop: Tore
- Wrong Badia Pop: Type
- Stop Sign Top: Pire
- Super Place Pop: Mark
- Strong Sad's head has been replaced by another character's
- Character floating in upper-right, upside down
These are the answers to the Fill In The Blanks puzzle:
 Easter Eggs
- The static figures can be rotated and scaled using the arrow keys.
- If the static figures are sized small enough, they will turn upside down and start getting bigger.
- Holding control (command on a Mac) and tapping the up or down arrow keys will stretch/skew the figures.
- Holding shift and tapping the up or down arrow keys makes the figures wider.
 Fun Facts
- The left side of the cover of the magazine reads "Picature by Audrey". She created the drawing, entitled The picnic, with colored pencils, and posted it to deviantART under the username Elfwyn.
- Zooming in on the Strong Bad static figure will reveal a small hole by his neck.
- Zooming in on the Strong Sad static figure will reveal a small hole between his legs.
- Zooming in on the static figure of the "1 TON" weight will reveal two small holes by the top ring.
- On the Poopsmith static figure, the whatsit is on the tops, not the hands of his gloves.
- The static clings of the characters are stylized in comparison to the usual character templates.
- Most of the static cling versions can be reduced to the size of a pixel, with the exception of Strong Bad.
- The hosting information was updated on October 10, 2006, from Sagonet.com to Caro.net.
- In the question about fhqwhgads, The Brothers Chaps forgot to capitalize "Powered by the Cheat", as "The" is part of The Cheat's name.
- Also, the eye puzzle treats Biscuitdoughhandsman's name as four words.
- In the "What's Wrong with This Mess?" picture with Strong Mad upside-down in the top-left corner, Strong Mad's teeth are white unlike the light tan on the rest of the page.
- When highlighting with the Tab key in the Flash file, there is a button outside the frame which does nothing.
- Dragging a static cling to the corner of the page will not obscure the corner.
- This also happens by zooming in on a figure too much.
 Inside References
- The design of the characters and background for the static cling activity is based on the stylized "Everybody! Everybody!" wallpaper in the Downloads section.
 Real-World References
- The page title is a reference to the NES game The Goonies II, in which characters would respond with this Engrish phrase when attacked.
 External Links
|Site FAQ Page|