From Homestar Runner Wiki
The Main Pages are the themed menu pages for homestarrunner.com. Every time a viewer either watches or skips the Intro to the website, a random main page will load. This also happens when returning from another area of the site, although certain toons (usually holiday toons) have set main pages they will always return to. These pages contain links to the regularly updated material of the site including the Quote of the Week, Weekly Fanstuff, and the weekly Sketchbook. They also have the week's current updates, located in the top-right corner. This reads, "Go on and see what's new!" above a bubble which cycles through each of the latest updates in succession. The latest updates button used to cycle through the new items on the website whether you had your mouse on it or not, but recently it has been updated to not cycle to the next item if your mouse pointer is on it. This helps to keep you from missing what you want and having to wait through the whole sequence. Clicking on the H*R icon at the top left takes the viewer to the Museum. There is also a "First Time Here?" button located near the updates, which links to a cartoon of Homestar Runner screwing up a welcome speech for the website.
The Main Pages consist of Homestar Runner standing in the foreground, with "Toons", "Games", "Characters", "Downloads", "Store", and "E-mail" buttons to the left, with the exception of Main Page 23, which has them to the right. Rolling over these with the cursor results in Homestar usually reading them aloud, while certain events relating to the theme occur in proximity to Homestar.
 Current list
- Main Page 1 — The Moon ("What's not to love about Homestar Runner?")
- Main Page 2 — The Alps ("Homestar Runner")
- Main Page 3 — A beach ("Homestar Runner")
- Main Page 4 — Bowling alley ("The Comeback Kid!! Also known as Homestar Runner!")
- Main Page 5 — Waffle House ("Doing it right ways all the time...it's Homestar Runner!")
- Main Page 6 — Heaven ("Homestar Runner must be dead!")
- Main Page 7 — Graveyard ("Dead as a doornail!")
- Main Page 8 — Falling through the sky ("What's so great about Homestar Runner?")
- Main Page 9 — Notebook sketch ("Trapper Keeper!!")
- Main Page 10 — Old-Timey ("Old Timey Fun Timey!")
- Main Page 11 — Channel 4 Action news ("More news at 11!")
- Main Page 12 — 4th of July ("Come Forth on July!!!")
- Main Page 13 — Atari 2600 ("Homestar Runner Game Pac")
- Main Page 14 — Shower ("Nakers!!!")
- Main Page 15 — Powered by The Cheat ("Powered by The Cheat")
- Main Page 16 — Wintertime ("WE'RE SNOWED IN!!")
- Main Page 17 — 20X6 ("20X6!!!")
- Main Page 18 — Sweet Cuppin' Cakes ("Sweet Cuppin Cakes")
- Main Page 19 — The Show ("The Show!!")
- Main Page 20 — Early Homestar (from flashback) ("Duckie Shirt!!")
- Main Page 21 — Vector video game style à la StrongBadZone ("Many Green Lines!")
- Main Page 22 — Virus ("Drop a train on em!")
- Main Page 23 — Rear-view ("Backstage Pass")
- Main Page 24 — Near-sighted ("20/200!")
- Main Page 25 — Puppet Stuff ("Sponsored by Hollerin' Jimmy's Hobby Kits!")
- Main Page 26 — Xeriouxly Forxe ("Revamped for the Nineties!")
 Other Main Pages
There are a few other Main Pages:
- Luau Main Page — Found after the toon The Luau. ("The Luau") or ("Everyone loves tofu!")
- King of Town Main Page — Accessed via the menu page for The King of Town DVD. Click the 'stache on the coat of arms to move it out of the way, then click the stone behind it. ("kingoftown.com!!")
- Strong Bad Main Page — Found by winning the secret messages in Homestar Talker. ("Homestar Talker")
- Homsar Main Page — See Easter egg below. ("LEGITIMATE MENU PAGE!")
 Easter Eggs
- Clicking the last digit of the copyright years (currently the second "0" in 2010) on each Main Page takes you to the Homsar Main Page. This Main Page is also accessible as an Easter egg in interview.
 Fun Facts
- The only Main Pages that have Homestar in his regular outfit, size, and style are Main Pages 8, 18, 19, 23, and 24. Of these, Main Page 18 is the only one where nothing special happens with Homestar; he merely stands at the front facing forward and says the various words.
- With the exception of main pages 10, 12, 19 and 25, Homestar's voice will play over top of itself. Homsar's and the King of Town's voices will also play over top of themselves, but not Strong Bad's.
- The copyright date was changed from "2004" to "2005" on February 21, 2005.
- The copyright date was changed from "2005" to "2006" on January 8, 2006.
- The copyright date was changed from "2006" to "2007" on January 14, 2007, except on Main Page 23.
- The copyright date on Main Page 23 was changed from "2005" to "2007" on July 24, 2007.
- The copyright date was changed from "2007" to "2008" on April 11, 2008, except on Main Page 24, which was updated on or before August 25, 2008.
- The copyright date was changed from "2008" to "2009" on January 26, 2009, except on Main Page 23.
- The copyright date was changed from "2009" to "2010" on April 12, 2010. Main Page 23 was also updated at this time.
- In the commentary for coloring, Mike and Matt discussed the idea of a Limozeen main page.
- If you click on the navigation buttons from the left-hand menu area and drag your mouse away from the menu area and then let go, you can make certain effects persist. You can even combine more than one effect. (Other buttons throughout the site behave in a similar manner.)
- For example, on Main Page 1, if you click and drag "'toons", "store", and "e-mail" to the left or right and let go, you'll be able to see the spaceman at the top of the rocket, the constellations of Strong Bad and Marzipan, and Homestar's helmet all at the same time (see the image at the top of this article).
- You can use this trick for at least one effect on all the Main Pages except 7, 12, 19, 23, and 25. For the trick to work, the effect has to persist as long as you keep the mouse over the button.
- You can use this trick with all six effects on Main Page 11. If you do "downloads" first and "store" second, all six effects can be seen at once. This is the only Main Page (including the hidden ones) on which you can see all six effects at once.
- Sometimes showing more than one effect produces unexpected results. See Main Page Glitches for the complete listing.
- When using the Wii to access the Main Pages, listening to the Quote Of The Week causes the navigation button sounds to play at half-pitch.
- The original audio files of Homestar saying the words "toons," "games," "store," etc., each contain a noticeable audio click at their beginning and end.
- This is a common error in sound production when the audio cuts off abruptly instead of fading out.
- All main pages utilizing the original files contain this audio glitch, even on much later pages, but main pages which use alternative sounds, such as main page 13, do not have these problems.
(Falling through the Sky)
(Channel 4 Action News)
(4th of July)
 External Links
The Moon | Mountains | Island | Bowling | Waffles | Heaven | Graveyard | Falling | Notebook | Old-Timey | News | 4th of July | Atari | Shower
|Homestar Runner Navigation|
| Main Pages|
Toons Menu | Games Menu | Character Videos | Downloads | Store | Contact Email | Strong Bad Email | Legal | Museum
Quote of the Week | Weekly Fanstuff | Sketchbook | Random Toon