Main Page 21
From Homestar Runner Wiki
Main Page featuring green lined 3D Homestar, speaking with a computerized speech engine voice.
Place: Vector Field
Date: Wednesday, June 16, 2004
Icon: Vector Homestar's head
Page title: "Many Green Lines!"
 Button Effects
- Toons — Colored lines move through the background and computer beeping noises can be heard.
- Games — The ground begins to move, little pyramids appear on the ground, and a synthesized drum tune starts playing.
- Characters — The background outline changes. The four possible outlines in order of appearance:
- Low mountain range.
- Higher mountain range.
- Slightly different mountain range.
- Silhouette of futuristic city.
- Downloads — One of Homestar's polygons slides out and lands on the ground (not seen) with a "plop". Doing this a second time will result in another one falling out. A third will result in them getting replaced.
- Store — The green lines in the background wave insanely and a staticky noise can be heard.
- E-mail — Vector Strong Bad appears, says "WELL, MY HEAD A SPLODE" (with subtitles) and explodes.
 Fun Facts
- Part of the red colored lines that appear when you press the Toons button can be seen at the top of the page, but they disappear after the button has been pressed.
- The little pyramids from the games button effect are slightly off the lines on the ground. In old vector graphics, the objects have to line up on a grid, clearly shown by the lines on the ground.
- When Homestar loses his polygons, you can't see the background through the holes that are left. This might have to do with Homestar only losing polygons on his front side.
 Inside References
- This Main Page is based on the Strong Bad Email "video games," specifically the part making fun of '80s vector-graphics arcade games.
- Vector Strong Bad's line "WELL, MY HEAD A SPLODE" is another appearance of "A Splode".
- The music played on the Games mouseover is a clip from the StrongBadZone Music, which can be found on the Videlectrix site.
- The Downloads mouseover effect is a reference to the In Search of the Yello Dello Commentary, in which Homestar says "...and it's nibbling on pieces of you falling off in squares".
 Real-World References
- The colored lines from the Toons scroll effect are similar to the classic arcade game Qix or the Beziers screensaver in Windows.
- The little pyramids from the Games scroll effect and the outline backgrounds are similar to the ones in the arcade game "Battlezone"
As well, the entire scene seems to be based on the game.
- The futuristic skyline is similar to the one of Seattle used on the beginning of the TV show Frasier.
 Fast Forward
- The synthesized drum tune that is heard when Games is rolled over is later reused in the Vector Field scene that Strong Bad visits in alternate universe.
 External Links
The Moon | Mountains | Island | Bowling | Waffles | Heaven | Graveyard | Falling | Notebook | Old-Timey | News | 4th of July | Atari | Shower