Main Page 25
From Homestar Runner Wiki
The puppets create a main page.
Date: Monday, August 25, 2008
Icon: Puppet Homestar
Page title: Sponsored by Hollerin' Jimmy's Hobby Kits!
 Button Effects
- Toons — As Homestar says "Toons," The Cheat walks by, holding an inflatable boom box. He makes some The Cheat noises as he passes. A riff from Everybody Knows It plays, and Homestar bounces to the beat.
- Games — Marshie appears and says "Hey juys, wanna play some james?!" Homestar trembles at his appearance, then replies, "Um... not with you, creepazoid!", and Marshie disappears.
- Characters — A red curtain with images of Homestar and Doreauxgard falls. After Homestar says "Characters", Doreauxgard appears and says, "Character? You ain't got no character, Whitey! I'm outta here!" and leaves. The curtain rises.
- Downloads — The scene shifts to the water cooler in the office. Homestar's outfit changes to his biz cas fri outfit. He says, "I need those downloads on my desk by five!" Strong Bad peers in, also in business casual and holding a coffee cup, and says, "Goin' on my seventh coffee run. You want anything?"
- Store — A second Homestar puppet appears and says, in a very non-Homestar-ish voice, "The store." His mouth does not move; instead talk lines appear on the screen. The original Homestar asks "Who are you?" The second replies, "Well, I am the exact same."
- E-mail — After Homestar says "Email", a hand holding Shark-Tooth Bubs appears. Shark-Tooth Bubs says, "Is it like an email pie of some kind, or maybe barf bags, all that good stuff?"
 Fun Facts
- This is the only Main Page that plays at 15 frames per second as opposed to 12 FPS.
- This is the first appearance of the brand new Homestar Runner Logo as a preloader. (Previous logos were flat-colored and shaded. This version of the logo, however, appears to have taken on a metallic sheen.)
- This and Main Page 24 are the only Main Pages that have the metallic, slightly brighter buttons.
- The only "puppet" that appeared before this main page that was not included was Frank Bennedetto.
- This is the website debut of the Doreauxgard puppet (not including the cantaloupe used in lackey), who had previously only been seen in public appearances.
- Main Page 23 did not link to this page until 2010.
- The "E-mail" button is the only one that retains the standard audio files used on the other main pages.
- The new button style was previously used in Main Page 24.
- The button for Main Page 12 overlaps the white stripe, probably due to the lack of room for 25 buttons.
- After the opening riff for Everybody Knows It plays, a faint "every" sung by Homestar Runner can be heard.
- After the "e-mail" animation homestar is not in the same place he started and twitches back into place. It also happens before and after the "games" animation.
- This is the first Main Page to be linked to the New Stuff section of the TV Time Toons Menu.
- The preview for this main page, located on the toons menu, does not resemble this main page.
- This marks the first speaking appearance of Shark-Tooth Bubs on the website. In theme park, he was accessed as an Easter egg and did not speak.
- Main Page 25 does not function correctly on web browsers with Adobe Flash Player 7 or lower installed. The text on the links on the left side of the screen is missing. No backgrounds show up, except for the curtain, which does not have the logo on it. Also, no lines come out of The Exact Same's mouth when he speaks. Also, the icon for Main Page 24 appears as the same one for Main Page 23.
 Inside References
- This contains an instance of duplicate characters.
- The second Homestar that appears was previously seen in strong badathlon.
- The page title mentions Hollerin' Jimmy's Hobby Kit.
- Marshie mispronounces G, much like in his commercial in the show.
- The voice on Shark-Tooth Bubs is the same as that of "Bubs" in the Powered by The Cheat cartoon mile.
- Shark-Tooth Bubs mentions pie.
- "Barf bags" is a reference to puking.
 External Links
The Moon | Mountains | Island | Bowling | Waffles | Heaven | Graveyard | Falling | Notebook | Old-Timey | News | 4th of July | Atari | Shower