Main Page 11
From Homestar Runner Wiki
Homestar hosts his own news broadcast.
Places: A newsroom
Icon: Channel 4 logo
Date: Monday, June 25, 2001 or earlier
Page Title: More News at 11!
 Button Effects
- Toons — Chyron-style text "Homestar Runner—Action News" appears in the lower third.
- Games — The lights in the buildings in the background disappear, and new lights appear in one of the buildings to form a star.
- Characters — Some "over the shoulder" headlines and pictures appear. Cycles through four possible headlines.
- "More than 2 Problems???" set against Coach Z's medallion with a picture of Coach Z's head.
- "I Shoulda Won All Those Times!" set against a picture of Strong Bad's head with a smaller copy of the image in the foreground.
- "Melonade: Over $2 per gallon?" set against a picture of three glasses of melonade with straws and ice.
- "Seriously, I Really Shoulda Won All Those Times!" with the same picture as the second story.
- Downloads — Cut to Strong Bad standing in front of a weather screen depicting the east of the United States, scattered with sun and rain symbols. He says, "Today's forecast is total crap!"
- Store — Some smoke appears, coming from one of the buildings.
- E-mail — The H*R logo is projected onto the night sky.
 Fun Facts
- This, Main Page 7 and Main Page 23 are the only main pages where Homestar does not stand to the extreme right of the screen.
- The "Channel 4" logo that appears at the lower-right corner of the screen is called a bug.
- This main page is page 11 - and the title states "More news at 11!".
- The font for the Chyron-style text and the over-the-shoulder headlines used to be Gill Sans (as seen in this screenshot), but the current version of Main Page 11 uses the Arial font instead.
- Strong Bad seems to have his old drawing style while everyone else has the current drawing style.
- Hovering over the "Downloads" button and quickly moving away reveals that Homestar's mouth is not animated to say "Downloads". This is because the scene changes to Strong Bad's weather map which Homestar is not part of.
- After removing your mouse from the Downloads button, you will see a quick flash of a blank screen of the copyright and main menu links.
- If you click Play when you right click, Strong Bad will take the place of Homestar until you mouse over Downloads or click Play again.
 Inside References
- "More than 2 Problems???" is a reference to Who Said What Now?.
- Strong Bad's face when you move your mouse over characters ("I shoulda won all those times!") is similar in style (but not color) to the one on the Old Error Page.
 Real-World References
- The projection of the H*R logo onto the sky is a reference to the Bat-Signal from the Batman franchise.
- The comment on Melonade being 'over $2 a gallon' is a play on the rising gasoline prices around the world, and the ways news sources report them.
- Channel 4 Action News is a possible reference to Channel 2 Action News, an Atlanta news program.
- "More News At 11" refers to the fact that late newscasts in the Eastern and Pacific time zones often broadcast at 11:00pm. It could also be a reference to the fact that the main page is number 11 on the menu, or, to a lesser extent, the song by the rap group Public Enemy.
 External Links
The Moon | Mountains | Island | Bowling | Waffles | Heaven | Graveyard | Falling | Notebook | Old-Timey | News | 4th of July | Atari | Shower