Main Page 8
From Homestar Runner Wiki
Homestar Runner is upside down and falling through the sky.
Places: The sky
Page title: "What's so great about Homestar Runner?"
 Button Effects
- Toons — A hot air balloon made in the likeness of Strong Bad's head passes, with Strong Bad riding in it. Strong Bad sings, "Would you like to ride in my beautiful balloon?"
- Games — A zeppelin on fire passes by.
- Characters — Homestar stops falling, with a "SCREECH!" braking noise.
- Downloads — The star on his shirt starts to peel off. When you move your cursor away from the button, his star returns to its original position.
- Store — He starts falling up.
- E-mail — The Yello Dello flies by.
 Fun Facts
- The Yello Dello is also falling at the same speed as Homestar.
- This is the first main page to have Homestar in his regular clothes.
- Relative to the clouds, Strong Bad's hot air balloon is actually sinking pretty quickly.
- Sometimes when Homestar stops falling, the propeller on his hat is still blurred.
- When Strong Bad is singing, his lips aren't moving.
- Strong Bad's line gets cut off before he should finish singing, making it sound like he's saying "balloo".
- Homestar's propeller is the propeller from his old design.
- When the mouse is moved off of Downloads, Homestar's star goes down, and then pops back up for a second.
- When Homestar reverses direction, his propeller continues to move in the same cycle. However, it should start spinning in the opposite direction.
 Inside References
- The page title "What's so great about Homestar Runner?" may be a reference to the page title of Main Page 1, "What's not to love about Homestar Runner?"
 Real-World References
- The zeppelin on fire is a reference to the Hindenburg.
- "Would you like to ride in my beautiful balloon?" is a line from "Up, Up and Away" by the group The Fifth Dimension.
 External links
The Moon | Mountains | Island | Bowling | Waffles | Heaven | Graveyard | Falling | Notebook | Old-Timey | News | 4th of July | Atari | Shower