A Dirty Hippie Without the STUFF
Marzipan's statement that she's eating dirt is interesting because, as seen on the Yearbook Character Page
, Strong Bad once described her as a "dirty hippie...without the dirt."
From: Marzipan's Answering Machine Version 13.2
Posted on: 22:46, 3 March 2006 (UTC)
- This is an interesting reference - while the meaning of "Dirty Hippie" doesn't literally mean "hippie covered in dirt", the phrasing is similar enough that it warrants a mention.
- She's probably eating dirt because Missy is pregnant (which was announced at the Flashforward convention).
- It seems odd to me that the Brothers would reference something that is not linked to anywhere on the site.
- Such as Missy being pregnant?
- I don't understand what that reply is supposed to mean. Are you saying they don't reference Missy's being pregnant on the site? Because of course they don't. They only publicly announced it a couple of days ago.
- Simply that fans would not be likely to know about her being pregnant, less so even than be aware of the old yearbook. If the obscurity of the topic is a factor, Missy's unannounced pregnancy is a whole lot more obascure.
- A reference to Missy being pregnant makes a lot more sense as a reference than this.
- WHOA, wait a minute... the Stinkoman reference and the Hippie (and/or Missy C) reference are two separate references and should not be combined wholesale into the same STUFF.
- Originally, this was STUFFED on just the "dirty hippie" part, NOT the Stinkoman part. If people think Missy being pregnant is more reasonable, then propose a rev.
- The Stinkoman bit is just as unlikely as the dirty hippie part. They should both be considered STUFF'd.
STUFF'd as a separate fact, then. See above.
- Now incorporated into the revision below.
- See Geophagy, the actual practice of eating dirt.
- This fact incorporates both Missy's pregnancy and the fact that Stinkoman is also known to eat dirt.
- This version does not necessarily make Stinkoman a reference, just a mention.
- There still isn't a real link to those other instances of dirt. The reason Stinkoman and Marzipan each eat the dirt are completely unrelated, and the dirty hippie bit refers to dirt on the outside of her body.
- Adding "Coincidentally, Marzipan was referred to in the yearbook..." would flesh this out nicely, but it's fine as is too.
- I have to say, the very first thing I thought of when hearing the line was that Yearbook Page and how now she's no longer "without the dirt."
- I'll accept that as a valid reference even though it's not publicly mentioned on H*R.com.
- I don't think we should mention the pregnancy connection as fact, but it seems much more likely than trying to stretch it into an inside reference.
- It's also interesting that some anonny correctly guessed that Missy was pregnant... before the Flashforward event even occurred.
- This version captures the pregnancy information while excluding the (specious) inside references.
- There isn't a real link to those other instances of dirt. The reason Stinkoman and Marzipan each eat the dirt are completely unrelated, and the dirty hippie bit refers to dirt on the outside of her body.
- Reworded this a bit.
- Personally, I think that even if the reasons for it aren't the same, the link between this toon and Stinkoman's dirt-eating should be mentioned - we mention other supposedly unrelated links all over the wiki, why not this one?
- May I ask why this was revisioned twice? Just seems weird.
- The first revision includes the information about Stinkoman and the "dirty hippie" thing; this revision contains just the pregnancy garble.
[ Back to STUFF index ]