From Homestar Runner Wiki
|Game Category: New Game|| |
"You control a little yellow dog-thing stuffed inside a tire in this sidescroller. Get to the end and a trophy could be yours." —Videlectrix
Awexome Cross is a game of speed and skill. Playing as The Cheat, you must ride the Tire through an obstacle course in Strong Badia. It is based on the event Awexome Cross '98 that appeared in monster truck.
- Collect much buxx.
- Collect turbos to speed up the tire.
- Collect power...downs if you're going too fast.
The obstacles are General Tso's Chicken, cinder blocks, syrup bottles, and boxes. If you hit an obstacle, you lose a life. At the end of each level, you launch off the Stop Sign, and then add up your points with Strong Mad. You also get a trophy and an extra life at the end of each level. There are a total of seven levels.
Date: Tuesday, February 4, 2003
Page Title: AWEXOME CROSS 98!!
 Winning the Game
- If you defeat all seven levels, you will be rewarded with a secret screen. It shows two women in bikinis holding up The Cheat, who is holding a pizza trophy, and the message "yeah, you won." appears on the screen. Also, if you get a perfect score (don't lose any lives), the winning screen will have "PERFECT SCORE!" on the bottom.
 Fun Facts
- This game was originally an Easter egg in monster truck, but it is now featured on the Games menu.
- The original version had only one level.
- The original version's winning screen was similar to the new one's. Instead of a pizza trophy, The Cheat held up a golbol.
- The title reads "Awexome Cross 98," but to the right in smaller print it reads "1987."
- A version of this game was created for the Game Boy Advance, available here.
- The accuracy counter at the end of level screen only takes buxx and deaths into account, and never goes higher than 84%.
- It is easier to win the game if a lot of powerups are collected, as the jumps don't have to be as well timed.
- The Cheat will crash within several pixels of the obstacle, making it look like he crashed in midair.
- In the old version, it is possible to get stuck in the air by jumping and hitting an obstacle at the same time.
- The pickups and the obstacles move at different speeds.
 Inside References
- Strong Bad refers to the pizza trophy as a possible reward for The Cheat's cartoon in crazy cartoon.
- This game has another instance of the word "seriously".
- The bucket of fried chicken is labeled "KOTFC", likely short for King of Town Fried Chicken.
 Real-World References
- The title screen resembles the game "Indianapolis 500."
- The sound effects for jumping, crashing and collecting buxx are taken from the game "Super Mario Bros." for the NES.
- The jump sound is the solid block hit sound.
- The crash sound is the block-break sound.
- The sound for collecting buxx is likely from Mario Bros. (NES Version).
- The sound effect for Strong Mad slapping the Tire between levels comes from the arcade game "Qix".
- The "Yeah, you won" screen shows a scene similar to the Super Off Road series of video games.
- The tire charging may be a reference to Sonic the Hedgehog, who does the same thing.
 Fast Forward
- Strong Bad mentions the Videlectrix phone number is the same number as the cheat code to get a zillion men in Awexome Cross in 8-Bit is Enough.
 External Links
- play the Game
- play the Game (Flash file)
- play the old version of the game (mirror)
- play the old version of the game (mirror Flash file)
- listen to the Game Music