From Homestar Runner Wiki
GONNA go to the sun!
Space Circus Catastrophe is a mini-game by Videlectrix from Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People's Dangeresque 3: The Criminal Projective.
During this game, you pilot a ship through the solar system, picking up circus performers with a "bubble laser", shooting clowns and avoiding stale circus food. You start with five shield points — each collision costs a shield point, while each completed level recharges a shield point. Attempting to avoid a performer or clown, dodging a food item in the wrong direction, or simply not responding to an incoming item will result in a collision. Lose all your shields, and it's Game Over.
The ship also has a single bomb, unmentioned in the instructions, but revealed on the last page of the game manual as a secret code. It is usable by pressing the A key/button. It will destroy anything currently on the screen, including food, and reduce the count of performers remaining to be rescued to 1, but does not score any points. The bomb may only be used once per game.
 Wii Controls
Hold The Wii Remote Sideways
- D-Pad: Dodge stale circus treats
- 1: Launch a rescue bubble
- 2: Shoot space lasers
- A: Use bomb
- +: Start the Game
- -: Quit the Game
 PC Controls
- Arrows: Dodge stale circus treats
- Z: Launch a rescue bubble
- X: Shoot space lasers
- A: Use bomb
- S: Start the Game
- Q: Quit the Game
- Spacebar: Pause the Game
 PS3 Controls
- D-Pad/Left Analog Stick: Dodge stale circus treats
- Circle: Launch a rescue bubble
- X: Shoot space lasers
- Square: Use bomb
- Start: Start and quit the Game
- Select: Pause the Game
- Rescuing a performer: +100 points, -1 to "to save" count
- Shooting a clown: +200 points
- Shooting a performer: -100 points, -1 to "to save" count
- Rescuing a clown: -50 points
- Using the bomb: 0 points, reduces "to save" count to 1
- The score required to obtain maximum awesomeness is 15000.
In order, the levels are Pluto, Neptune, Uranus, Saturn, Jupiter, Mars, Earth, Venus, Mercury, the Sun, and Black Hole. Once reached, the Black Hole level continuously repeats, though the difficulty continues to increase.
 Fun Facts
- This game is nearly identical to the Space Mountain minigame found in the NES game Adventures in the Magic Kingdom, including the strange way the starship can only maneuver in 90-degree turns. Albeit, the navigation arrows are replaced with circus snacks, missiles replaced with rescue bubbles, asteroids replaced with performers, and alien ships replaced with clowns.
- The game's theme may have been based on the game Starshot: Space Circus Fever.
- During the main story of Episode 4, one level of the game is played to reach Uzi Bazooka's base on the sun. Strangely, although the player only completes level one, the end screen for the level reads "The Sun", which is the name of level ten. If you die during this, Strong Bad will rewind the tape to the beginning, but without resetting the "to save" count.
- This is one of the games contained the Videlectrix Mainframe.
- After Strong Bad rejects entering the game for the first time in 8-Bit is Enough, the Dancing Bear becomes a party member.
- If you rescue a performer or shoot a clown right as it crashes into your shields, you will gain 100 or 200 points, respectively, but still lose a shield point.
| Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People
| Promotional Media ||
Strong Bad Gameways, Advertisement, Gameplay Trailer, Dev Blog, Workin' on the Game, Tutorial, Intros, Behind The Bad,
Make a Scene with Telltale: Strong Bad Edition, SBCG4AP Collector's DVD
Various: Snake Boxer 5, Teen Girl Squad, Walkthrough
Responses: House of Strong, Marzipan's, K.o.T. Castle, The Track, The Field
Promotional Media: Homestar at the Track, Around the Field, Behind The Bad Chapter 1: The New Hire
Songs: Handle My Style, Fluffy Puff Jela-ton, Showdown
Strong Badia the Free
Various: Math Kickers, Cave Girl Squad, Maps and Minions, Walkthrough, Countries
Responses: Bleak House, The Field, Homsar Reservation, Pompomerania, Country, Marzistar, The Castle
Promotional Media: Strong Badia the Free Gameplay Trailer
Baddest of the Bands
Various: Limozeen's Hot Babelien Odyssey, Teen Girl Squad Meets Limozeen, Walkthrough, Bands
Responses: House of Strong, The Field, Marzipan's, Club Technochocolate, The Track, Battle of the Bands stages
Promotional Media: Baddest of the Bands Gameplay Trailer, Behind The Bad Chapter 2: The Heist
Baddest of the Bands Promo Spot, Baddestofthebands.com
Songs: Food-Related Love, Cool Tapes songs, Other songs
The Criminal Projective
Various: Space Circus Catastrophe, Walkthrough
Responses: Smoky Office, Brainblow City, Strongborneo, Secret Lab, Catacombs, Old Club, Cutesy's House,
The Sun, World Locations
Promotional Media: Dangeresque: Puppet Squad, Dangeresque 3 Gameplay Clips, Dangeresque 3 Mini-Site
Songs: Today is Alright 4 2Nite
8-Bit is Enough
Various: Gel-Arshie's Pro Fruitboarder, Redcoat Ghost Patrol, Trogdor's 3D-Ungeon, Walkthrough
Responses: House of Strong, The Field, Crates, Videlectrix Mainframe, Halfathlon, Gel-Arshie's Backstage, Stinkoman 20X6, Peasantry
Promotional Media: Behind The Bad Chapter 3: The Last Straw
| Videlectrix Games
50K Racewalker, Awexome Cross, Dangeresque Roomisode 1: Behind the Dangerdesque, Duck Guardian One,
Duck Pond, Gel-Arshie's Pro Fruitboarder, Hallrunner, Kid Speedy, Limozeen's Hot Babelien Odyssey, Math Kickers,
Peasant's Quest, Pigs on Head, Population: Tire, RhinoFeeder, Secret Collect., Snake Boxer 5,
Space Circus Catastrophe, Stinkoman 20X6, Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People, StrongBadZone,
TROGDOR!, Thy Dungeonman, Thy Dungeonman II, Thy Dungeonman 3, Where's an Egg?
C.H.E.A.T., Duck Guardian 2, Halfathlon, King Dingo, Lewis Rudkin SX: england, Planet Alert!, QWERTY,
Rabbit Algebra, Salad Daze, Shploitz!, Spaceshipper, Spirits of '76, Sundae Drivin',
Trogdor: Let's Burninate Phonics