Lack of Visible Body Parts
From Homestar Runner Wiki
Many Homestar Runner characters lack certain body parts that most people in the real world would have. Despite this, they can still do the things that everyday people are capable of. However, they do take note of their unusual structures.
- See main article: Lack of Visible Arms
A number of characters (most notably Homestar Runner) do not appear to have visible arms, but are commonly seen manipulating objects as though they had limbs. This is sometimes called out directly by various characters, and occasional references are made to this fact. The specific method by which "armless" characters can manipulate objects and their surroundings has never been fully revealed.
 Coach Z's Face
Various references are made to parts of Coach Z's face that are not visible to the viewer:
- The Best Decemberween Ever — Coach Z is seen drinking mouthwash.
- A Jorb Well Done — When Marzipan is trying to teach Coach Z how to say "job", she tells him to make his mouth into an "O". Coach Z also blows his whistle.
- The Luau — Coach Z, Bubs, and Pom Pom are seen eating marshmallows. (Additionally, Pom Pom also does not appear to have a mouth, and Bubs's mouth appears to be a solid wall of teeth.)
- Email couch patch — Coach Z pukes in the couch rip.
- Scrolling Shooter Games Menu — 20X6 Coach Z appears to speak by wiggling his eyebrow.
- Happy Fireworks — Coach Z says he once shoved an M-80 up his nose.
- Fall Float Parade — Coach Z claims to have "fairly good teeth".
- Email narrator — Coach Z claims a napkin has his "snot balls" on it, and Bubs tells him he doesn't even have a nose.
- Sbemail 150?!? — Strong Sad mentions wanting to pour black coffee over Coach Z's head so it "continually streams down his mouthless face". (This later happens in an alternate universe Easter egg.)
- Email trading cards — Coach Z spits on one of his cards.
- Email cliffhangers — The Thnikkaman tells Coach Z "I'll render you toothless!"
- Sbemail 169 Deleted Scene — Besides a round nose, a mouth on Coach Z's face is present in the "storyboards".
- Xeriouxly Forxe — Zoach C seems to have a visible mouth.
- A Decemberween Mackerel — Coach Z says that lighting the telephone pole had cured him of chronic athlete's tongue the year before.
 Strong Bad's Nose
Similarly, references are occasionally made to Strong Bad's nose, even though he does not appear to have one.
- Emails gimmicks, new hands, and unused emails — Strong Bad makes a sniffing noise.
- Email autobiography — In his autobiography tape, Strong Bad claims that "milk and cookies shot out my nose!"
- Email big white face — Strong Bad acts like he's holding his nose when near The Poopsmith.
- Email alternate universe — Stinkoman calls Strong Bad "big nose", then refers to his nose.
- Email old comics — The Castlefunnies characters, including Strong Bad, are all drawn with large noses.
- Sick Day — Strong Bad asks The Paper if he could blow his nose on it.
- He also claims he can't smell anything, and blows his nose using re-reused tissues.
- Email keep cool — Strong Bad has smeared sunscreen where his nose would appear.
- In yes, wrestling, he wears sunscreen in the same spot as one of the Wild Vacationers.
- Sbemail 169 Deleted Scene — Strong Bad and Coach Z are drawn with small, round noses.
- Email web comics — The Strong Bad-like character in the GamerJox webcomic is drawn with a nose.
- Email licensed — During one scene Strong Bad and The Cheat are drawn with human noses.
- Rotten Eggs — Strong Bad and Strong Sad can smell the rotten Easter egg in the couch, despite their lack of noses.
- The Homestar Runner Gets Something Stuck In His Craw — Strong Bad refers to Tiny-Handed Strong Bad as "Strong Bad with sort of a nose".
- Email email thunder — Strong Bad pretends to rub his "nose" as he says "Sniff, not totally disgusted..."
- He pantomimes wiping his nose again in email independent.
 Strong Bad's Hair
Strong Bad sometimes acts as though he has hair, despite the fact that his head is a Mexican wrestling mask. He pointed out in haircut that he has no hair.
- Email marzipan — Strong Bad combs the top of his head before talking to Marzipan.
- Strong Bad is in Jail Cartoon — Strong Bad wears a hairnet.
- One Two, One Two — Strong Bad wears a shower cap.
- Emails looking old, concert — Strong Bad wears a towel on his head.
 Marzipan's Legs
While sometimes Marzipan does not appear to have legs, a few other toons claim otherwise.
- The House That Gave Sucky Treats — A rip in Marzipan's Joey Ramone costume reveals that she has no legs, and a bulky, dress shaped body.
- Email stand-up — Coach Z thanks Marzipan for her wonderful clogging.
- Marzipan's Answering Machine Version 7.0 — Bubs tells Marzipan that Coach Z got that kick in the crotch she sent him just fine.
- Main Page 17 and Email highschool — 20X6 Marzipan and Highschool Marzipan are portrayed with long, thin legs (though the latter occurs completely within Strong Bad's doodle memory).
- Email date — Marzipan complains that Homestar won't stop kicking her in the shins.
- That A Ghost — Old-Timey Marzipan's skeleton shows bones throughout her skirt.
- Marzipan's Answering Machine Version 14.2 — Coach Z asks Marzipan to get ready for shin team tryouts.
- DNA Evidence — Bubs informs Marzipan that the cost of analyzing the DNA evidence is "an arm and a leg". Marzipan then responds by telling him it's "not a problem".
- Fan Costumes '07 — Strong Bad tells Homestar "You wish Marzipan had legs like that! Or... legs."
- Kick-A-Ball — Marzipan is shown kicking the ball with a visible boot, but nothing attached to the boot, which implies that her legs are invisible. In fact, the area beneath the "skirt" is slightly visible, and nothing is seen underneath.
- Xeriouxly Forxe — M.Z. Pan has tentacles.
- A Decemberween Mackerel — Marzipan leaves a single, wide, unbroken trail in the snow.
None of the main characters appear to have ears, yet they still act as though they do.
- Email ghosts — Strong Bad wears fake ears as part of his ghost-detecting costume.
- Email sibbie — Strong Sad wears earbuds to listen to his iPod.
- Email impression — In a tape recording, Strong Sad tells Strong Bad to stop flicking his ear.
- Strong Bad wears cool shades and sunglasses in multiple emails, starting with stunt double (as Dangeresque). These shades are apparently held on his head by invisible ears.
- Homestar and The Thnikkaman also wear sunglasses in several toons.
- Senor Cardgage always wears old-fashioned yellow glasses which are held up by his invisible ears.
- Marzipan's Answering Machine Version 9.2 — On Message 1, Homestar re-listens to his old message from Marzipan under the tutelage of Pom Pom's keen ears.
- Email kind of cool — Senor Cardgage's silhouette is shown on a milk carton with ear outlines for ears that don't exist.
- Email extra plug — The Cheat puts his hands to both sides of his head as though covering his ears when walking near Strong Bad's loud 'Lectric Boots. He also uses glowsticks to plug his ears.
- Halloween Potion-Ma-Jig — Bubs covers the space where his ears would be when Homestar attempts to sing for a stirring utensil.
- Email alternate universe — Tiny-Handed Strong Bad attempts to dig to China with his ears.
- Email keep cool — Strong Bad mentions that, after eating, you must have an ear candling before re-entering the pool.
- Happy Hallow-day — Coach Z wears earrings as part of his costume, which seem to stick to the side of his face as opposed to piercing his skin.
- Email what I want — Strong Bad covers the part of his head where his ears would be while a Dancing Musical Nobot plays Everybody to the Limit.
- Strong Badia the Free — Strong Bad claims he could make a better effigy of the King of Town with one arm tied behind his ear.
- Crystal Fortress — A stylized Strong Bad has ears.
- The following characters wear earmuffs throughout the following toons:
Most of the main characters do not have visible fingers, but they still behave like they have them.
- Email the bird — Strong Bad, Pom Pom, and Homestar give the bird, even though none of them have visible fingers.
- Strong Bad proceeds to flip people off in several toons.
- Email fingers — Strong Bad attempts to put fake fingers on his boxing gloves so people stop asking how he types with boxing gloves on.
- Email origins — Strong Bad files his boxing gloves even though he has no fingernails.
- Email original — Bubs says "If I had thumbs, I'd be sticking 'em up my armpits right now!"
- Email business trip — Strong Bad checks off "Take off wedding rings" even though neither he nor Homestar have visible fingers.
- Blubb-O's Commercial — Bubs refuses to "slice [his] fingers thin" as presumably instructed by the Drive-Thru Whale in an Easter egg.
- Homestar Ruiner — When Strong Bad tries to talk to Marzipan after vandalizing her float, she replies that her mood ring is brown right now. Strong Bad then asks the audience, "Should I tell her she doesn't have fingers?"
- Email coloring, Baddest of the Bands — Strong Bad makes air quotes by wiggling his gloves on either side of his head.
- Doomy Tales of the Macabre — Strong Sad gives Strong Bad human hands, and Strong Bad claims that he can't type with those "waggly-knuckled monstrosities" (his new fingers).
- In Search of the Yello Dello — In one scene, Homestar has toes. This is seen when Coach Z is talking and he says "Thanks, Coach!".
- The Hornblower can play a fanfare despite the fact he lacks a visible mouth.
- Email replacement — When Strong Bad asks Bubs what to do with Strong Sad if he sees him watching TV, Bubs says to "kick him in the teeth", to which Strong Bad replies that he may not have teeth.
- Email underlings — When Strong Bad tells Homestar he has cilantro stuck between his teeth, Homestar says "teeth?" as if he is shocked by the idea that he has any, even though he was shown to have huge teeth in theme song (though this could be imaginary). In dictionary, Strong Bad confirms this by using a dictionary to knock out one of Homestar's teeth, which is still enormous.
- Email winter pool — Pom Pom is seen wearing sunscreen on the spot where his nose would be.
- Marzipan's Answering Machine Version 15.2 — Calls from The King of Town and a questionable surgeon reveal Marzipan had a large nose prior to a questionable surgery. The Cheat also tells Marzipan to blow up her nose.
- Baddest of the Bands — Bubs advises Strong Bad that "lying through your teeth" is a good way to get people to accept a security jacket. Strong Bad asks if "lying through your rectangular mouth" would also work, to which Bubs responds, "Yeah, I suppose that'd work, toothless."
- Dangeresque 3: The Criminal Projective — Dangeresque claims that he has caught various objects with his "*ahem*, teeth" and is working on a yellow belt in "catching throwing stars with [his] eyelashes, wink wink".
- Xeriouxly Forxe — Most of the characters gain body parts that weren't originally there.