From Homestar Runner Wiki
(Redirected from HRWiki:Q
Often The Brothers Chaps will leave some curious questions unanswered in their toons. This page was created as a database for these circulating questions, as well as a place to gather questions to ask The Brothers Chaps, if you were to ever get the chance. They're also here in the hopes that a fellow user will have some inside info or firsthand knowledge, and can answer a few of them for us. To a lesser extent, there is also the hope that The Brothers Chaps might one day (or already have) stumbled upon this list, and perhaps feel inclined to answer them either in their toons or elsewhere. Feel free to add any questions that might be bugging you in the correct section. If you find a question has already been answered, mention it on the bottom of this page, along with a reason and reference why/where it was answered.
 Personal Questions
- What were the circumstances of your finding the wiki? Specifically, when, where, why, and how. How much of it did you browse at the time, and what was your reaction then?
- Do you ever edit the wiki?
- Do you ever include elements into the toons based on confusion or misunderstanding at the wiki?
- Do you ever use the wiki Fun Facts to debug new programs or features on the site?
- Have you ever purposefully used the Quote of the Week or Sketchbook to solve transcription questions for us?
- Is Missy's full name now Melissa Palmer-Chapman?
- When are Craig's and Missy's birthdays?
- Are either of you left handed?
 Thought-process Questions
- Why label Hyperblade "Hypoublade", on the Floppy Disk Container?
- Was the Everybody to the Limit tune based off of "Oops upside your head" by The Gap Band?
- Were you watching Family Guy the night you made do over?
- Is 20X6 inspired by 20XX from Megaman, 20X5 from Metroid, or just the general concept of X replacing a date?
- Was the word choice "Bedazzle" in Decemberween Short Shorts an intentional reference to the Bedazzler or just a coincidence?
- Was Istanbul (in dangeresque 3) an intentional They Might Be Giants reference, or just a coincidence?
- Is the ATM wearing a football helmet in Experimental Film supposed to be a reference to Commander Keen?
- Where does Wear a Bikini! come from?
- Where do the names Jerome, Kevin, Dennis, and Deborah come from?
- Do you consider the Homestar and Marzipan/Homsar/Poopsmith previews ("Whatsit All About") in narrator to be one, two, or three movies?
- Was clicking on the word "abused" in privileges originally intended to be an Easter egg?
- Was the light switch in The House That Gave Sucky Treats ever intended to do anything?
- Were the credits on Peasant's Quest Movie Trailer ever supposed to be clickable?
- In caffeine, why was Coach Z's line changed from "I'm just a crazy old man!" to "I'm just an old man!"?
- Why was the secret phrase in Homestar Talker replaced?
- Was 20X6 Marzipan intended to resemble Sailor Moon?
- Is Marzipan a vegetarian, a vegan, or neither? (When she ate marshmallows in Date Nite, was this an oversight, or did you intend for them to be vegetarian marshmallows?)
- What is the relationship between Videlectrix, Boardelectrix, and Kidelectrix?
- Did you always intend to properly resolve montage (in the paper) or did you write a proper resolution due to fan demand?
- How come Strong Bad rarely shows his emotional features (e.g. he once looked worried in the beginning of retirement)?
- Did you originally plan to release something on June 3rd 2004?
- What is the toothpick sculpture supposed to look like?
- In personal favorites, why was Coach Z's line changed from "I'm a white guy with a knife" to "I'm a blade-man, man!"?
- Is Strong Sad's sustainable MP3 player supposed to be an iPhone (as suggested by the silver border) or an iPod Touch (as suggested by the lack of a speaker)?
- Was fan club a parody of the Homestar Runner fandom in particular, or just fandom in general?
- Is the "broken glass" song from licensed just a random song, or is it a parody of something (and if so, what)?
- When did you produce Marzipan's Answering Machine Version 15.2? Did you make a new installment after you saw our featured article on the main page or perhaps earlier while browsing our selection process—or was it just a huge coincidence that the first time we showcased an answering machine was the day before you released a new version of this rare feature?
- Have you ever used the forum to find ideas for Halloween costumes?
- Why did The Poopsmith take a vow of silence?
- Whose Whatsit does the Poopsmith shovel?
 Transcription Questions
- Strong Bad in The Reddest Radish: "Now let's cheat it" or "cheese it"?
- Limozeen Thanksgiving E-Cards Card #1: "...and the ____ of cranberry sauce"?
- Homestar in dreamail: "I do hate white clouds" or "clowns"?
- Senor Cardgage from Senorial Day: "Gamble around the campfire" or "Gambol"?
- Puppet Jam: Mission Control: What is the lyric before "mission control"?
- Limozeen's Feed the Childrens: "Hey hey, doo-doot doo" or "Hey hey, doot doo"?
- Is Homsar actually saying something in the Easter egg of A Folky Tale, or is it just general mumbling?
- Head Bad in disconnected: "I hate your shoes", "I think you're cute", or something else?
- The Announcer in Strongest Man in the World: "Pom-Pom-Strong-Bad-and-Homestar" or what?
- The Grape Fairie in Strongest Man in the World: "All right, youze ____ brains"?
- In Arcade Game, does the game say "Trogdor" or "Trogador" and if intentionally the latter, why?
- What is the Podstar Runner 2006 floppy disk labeled?
- What are the true titles of Where the Crap Are We? (the Macromedia Central toon) and Eggs (the unfinished Easter special)?
- Why are Lappynapped! and eggs uncategorized on your site? What would their categories be (toon, short, etc.)?
- Could you provide any precise dates for H*R.com updates 2000–2001?
- In the June 29, 2006 Sketchbook, does Homestar's sole say "1-up" or "7-up"?
- What does the "ds" on Homestar's cut-out stand for in keep cool?
- What did you mean for the Polish message to say?
- Strong Bad in Drive-Thru: "bro-awesome" or "pro-awesome"?
- Drive-Thru Whale in Drive-Thru: "Steve, drive around", "Steer your car around", "Please drive around", ...?
 Identity Questions
 Continuity Questions
 Miscellaneous Questions
- What is the difference between Pork Ramblins and Pork Snagglins?
- Why does Hyperactive Strong Sad always mention Wood-davers?
- Why rando?
- What is "Caaardinal Sins"?
- In weird dream, why are Louisiana's underpants on sideways?
- In Parsnips A-Plenty, is The Kaiser ruling Hell, or is he just in it?
- Where, specifically, did you get the poster of Strong Sad's that Strong Bad crashes through in gimmicks?
- What is the significance of the year 1987?
- What, if anything, is pressed bunson?
- How did you get the picture for the FAQ? Did Audrey submit it to you as fanstuff, or did you find it online yourselves and then get in touch with her?
- Why were there no Decemberween 'toons in 2005?
- Why were there no April Fool's specials in 2007 or 2008?
- Was the secret page Homestar's Yearbook designed as an alternate header for Strong Bad's Message Bored?
- Would it mean anything specific if Homestar and company did get doppy?
- Which costume from Homestarloween Party received the most votes?
- What's the story behind Field Day Intro? (How were you contacted to become involved in the event?, how did it work?, etc.)
- Are the emails in SBCG4AP Advertisement and email thunder real?
- Will Stinkoman 20X6 ever be completed?
- On strongbad_email.exe Disc Five, why does the FBI Warning background not have constantly shifting colors?
- Why is the Tandy 400's ghost broken in ghosts, but non-broken in retirement?
 Answered Questions
 Somewhat Answered Questions
- What do you think of the Homestar Runner Wiki? (Answered several times)
- Has the wiki helped you in any way? (Ditto, see The Brothers Chaps' Fansite Acknowledgments)
- What is the history of If I Ran the Camera? (Somewhat answered with the addition of the Flash File, it appears to just be a short animation made for family centered around Astrid Renee, who's likely Little Girl)
- Where does the name Dan come from? (Dan is a cousin of The Brothers Chaps)
- Who is the Very, Very Little Girl? (See the talk page.)
- Do Homestar and Marzipan live together now, as implied in your funeral and Date Nite? (In the DVD commentary for Date Nite, Matt and Mike agree that Homestar and Marzipan still live in different houses, yet Homestar comes to Marzipan's house often.)
- Was Quality Time intended to include references to the baby break? (The DVD commentary begins with Mike announcing that "Matt had a baby", which makes it very likely the references were intentional)
- Why Sanka for the substance to "caffeinate" Strong Sad when it's decaf? (According to the DVD commentary, Matt and Mike did not know when they wrote the Email that Sanka was decaf coffee)
- Will the Kick the Cheats ever be brought back? (From 2006 to 2007, Kick the Cheat toys were brought back by popular demand and were all sold to "warm, loving homes". They are now no longer available to purchase from the Store, which has referred to them first as "an endangered species", and now as "extinct". This implies that no more Kick the Cheat toys will ever be made.)
 More Or Less Completely Answered Questions
- Who's the rejected Marzipan costume from the Museum Sketchbook? (Answered with the Museum update)
- When are you going to update the Museum? (Answered with an update of the Museum on February 14th, 2006)
- How did you meet DaVinci's Notebook? (Answered with the DVD Commentary to Ballad Of the Sneak)
- How did you meet Y-O-U? (Answered during the Q&A at Flashforward)
- How did you meet The Skate Party? (Answered in the DVD commentary track for The Cheat Theme Song - they received an email from them.)
- Strong Bad in for kids: "I'll kill all of your dogs" or "dolls"? (Answered in the DVD commentary for "for kids")
- Is "Mike" short for "Michael"? (Mike's full name is indeed Michael, which was given in his father's obituary)
- Homestar in Strong Bad is in Jail Cartoon: "Yeah, no," or "Yeah, I know"? (1) (Answered in the DVD commentary for "Strong Bad is in Jail Cartoon")
- Is Cardboard Marzipan used when Missy is unavailable to voice Marzipan? (Yes, at least the first time. Missy was indeed unavailable for Happy Fireworks, according to the DVD commentary)
- Does the robot have a name? (TBC never actually named the robot, but they use the name Visor Robot for it, which they picked up from reading this wiki. This is all discussed very lightheartedly on the DVD commentary for Homestarloween Party)
- Why is Strong Sad's Lament usually on hiatus? (TBC go on an update frenzy for a short time, then just forget about it for a year. Talked about in A Folky Tale's DVD commentary.)
- What do you think of H*R Fan Fiction? (Answered in Cold Hard Flash Interview)
- What is Marzipan's first line in looking old? (Answered in the Quote of the Week)
- Taranchula in your funeral: "Put him in a jar" or "Brother in a jar"? (Answered in the Quote of the Week)
- Did you really mean for the Drive-Thru Whale to say "Sever your leg"? (Answered in the Quote of the Week)
- Will all the references to DNA evidence build up to a new case? (Answered with the release of the big toon DNA Evidence)
- Are you really planning to have Strong Bad upgrade The Paper in email #173, as shown in montage? (Answered with the release of the email the paper, in which the printer dies and Bubs helps Strong Bad install an inkjet printer)
- Is "Rocoulm" the true name of Strong Mad's Horrible Painting? (Answered in Jibblies 2, where a card displaying the painting reads "The Rocoulm")
- Did you intend to make a DNA Evidence running gag back when you made strong badathlon? (Answered in the DVD commentary of the DNA Evidence Toon; when strong badathlon was written the gag was only intended to be used once)
- Does the Strong Bad Main Page take place in a rejected version of the Basement of the Brothers Strong or a separate section of the same design? (The email nightlife reveals Strong Bad's Room is located in a separate section of the current basement.)
- In rough copy, does Strong Bad say "manila envelope" or "vanilla envelope"? (The high audio quality of the Podstar Runner version reveals Strong Bad says "manila envelope".)
- How much did you do for MellowMushroom.com? (Answered in Late Nite JengaJam Interview - 4 Oct 2007)
- When you record the audio for the cartoons, how much of it is improvised? (Answered in NYU Talk - 1 Mar 2005; a fan asks if they record on paper first, and Mike replies, "No. We kinda just do it on the fly. We don't have time for that. When it's Sunday night at five in the afternoon we don't have time for storyboards.")
- Why hasn't Strong Bad used the Lappy 486 to delete an email? (Hasn't deleted an email on the site, but did so in the strongbad_email.exe Disc Five intro menu and in Strong Bad's Cool Game For Attractive People)