Nintendo Power July 2008 Interview
From Homestar Runner Wiki
Strong Bad says that they changed the name of SBCG4AP from Strong Bad: Great Graphics, Great Gameplay, Great Guy. However, marketing suggested that it sounded too much like the Adventures of Lolo, so they changed it to the current title. Strong Bad also says that side effects of the game to people who cannot handle Strong Bad's style could be temporary loss of vision, spontaneous diaper, and cactus tongue. This would also happen if Strong Bad were to walk into a restaurant for a burger and they were out of burgers. Strong Bad says that unattractive people can play the game, but it won't make them more attractive. Gamers will be unable to use his wrestling moves.
Strong Bad says that Trogdor's appearance in the game is a trade secret. If he was to reveal it, all 46 readers would have been forced to sign NDAs.
Strong Bad indicates that he was opposed to this style of game, where he is controlled by a gamer, and was in favor of a "sit-'n'-watch" game. He was later informed that this is known as a "cartoon" and that he already has one.
Strong Bad says that the game being Wii-exclusive, rather than available on other consoles, was because he was promised 500 Rupees and a pet Skulltula. Strong Bad stated that the only Wii games he plans on playing are the free ones he expect Nintendo to send over to him as well. He says that no one would miss the video-game manuals that would come in a box, rather than on Wiiware. He does say that he would miss the eight blank pages for notes.
He also speaks about Snake Boxer 5 and how it introduced the health meter, revolutionizing gaming. He also mentioned the subplot where the boxer falls in love with a Cottonmouth. Strong Bad got a score of two zillion before his console and camera mysteriously melted, meaning he has no proof.
Strong Bad refuses to comment on if he is related to Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime and on who is better: Chuck Norris or Mr. T.
Strong Bad thanked Nintendo Power for explaining how the rating system worked (On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the best). He called the "Nintendorks" rocket scientists, and claimed that they will need to use their intellect in order to determine the "astronomically high score" of SBCG4AP.
 Fun Facts
 Inside References
- "Adventures of Lolo" was also referenced in an Easter egg in bedtime story.
- One of the questions that Strong Bad is asked is "How hard is it to play Wii with your boxing gloves on?".
- Strong Bad is asked if there will be any songs by They Might Be Giants, to which he responds "This is a Strong BAD game, not a Strong SAD game."
- Strong Bad's wrestling career is discussed.
 Real-World References
- Rupees and Skulltulas are from the Legend of Zelda series, a series made by Nintendo.
- Chuck Norris and Mr. T are referenced, both of which are running gags in Nintendo Power.
- Nintendo Power says Strong Bad has a lot in common with president of Nintendo of America, Reggie Fils-Aime.
- Strong Bad asks if the Nintendo Power staff still wear the Power Glove (which, in an editor's note, is answered "yes").
- Strong Bad says that the last person to read a video game manual was Galileo.
- In the SBCG4AP Dev Blog, one of Strong Bad's "original names" was "Strong Bad's 9.5 In Nintendo Power Or Else Game".
- Strong Bad is asked if Trogdor will make an appearance. Strong Bad says that it's a trade-secret, due to his influence in 8-Bit Is Enough.